Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is June-July. It changed to that after I spoke with a sales person via text. I think I pissed them off somehow.
No, the SAs don’t have any control over that. Boy, after all this bad Tesla news (bad delivery numbers in Q1, executives leaving the company, the stock price diving, shelving the $25,000 car idea, I sure would like to see some good news . . . .

No, the SAs don’t have any control over that. Boy, after all this bad Tesla news (bad delivery numbers in Q1, executives leaving the company, the stock price diving, shelving the $25,000 car idea, I sure would like to see some good news . . . .

It makes sense that they couldn't intentionally try to mess with the customer like that, but imo they do have (some) ability to assign upcoming deliveries to a waiting customer. I got a VIN within a few hours of a pretty frosty call with a SA on that issue.

I’ve been obsessing about this car since last April 2023,,, took me a few months
And 3 times renting Teslas just to try to convince my wife. This is a perfect car for us,, I have prosthetic legs and I love the one pedal driving.. and like 20 other reasons why I love the car…. still not in love with it she’s coming around… so I order it January 10th .. sold my Mercedes S class beginning of February
Thinking me and my wife could use our mercedes ml for a couple weeks,,, and then well, one week after that, her brakes went out. needs complete brake job all components are rusted out and repair cost what bluebook value is for the vehicle… so now I’m borrowing families vehicles every day to get me my wife and my son places they need to go… and I keep telling her couple more weeks couple more weeks for the last five months.. starting to cause problems in my life she wants me to cancel this whole ordeal and move on when we have a closet full of Tesla accessories and a new charger installed in our garage it’s becoming real tense between my family because of this damn delay… at this point I’m fine with getting the black seats even though I’m not ok with it but I don’t know what else to do but I don’t even think I’ll get it that much sooner than if I just hold out for a little longer for the white interior….

sorry for the long post just needed to share..
thanks, everybody..
coming to this form daily Hell hourly has been the only thing keeping me going.lol

Reactions: impatient_guy
I’ve been obsessing about this car since last April 2023,,, took me a few months
And 3 times renting Teslas just to try to convince my wife. This is a perfect car for us,, I have prosthetic legs and I love the one pedal driving.. and like 20 other reasons why I love the car…. still not in love with it she’s coming around… so I order it January 10th .. sold my Mercedes S class beginning of February
Thinking me and my wife could use our mercedes ml for a couple weeks,,, and then well, one week after that, her brakes went out. needs complete brake job all components are rusted out and repair cost what bluebook value is for the vehicle… so now I’m borrowing families vehicles every day to get me my wife and my son places they need to go… and I keep telling her couple more weeks couple more weeks for the last five months.. starting to cause problems in my life she wants me to cancel this whole ordeal and move on when we have a closet full of Tesla accessories and a new charger installed in our garage it’s becoming real tense between my family because of this damn delay… at this point I’m fine with getting the black seats even though I’m not ok with it but I don’t know what else to do but I don’t even think I’ll get it that much sooner than if I just hold out for a little longer for the white interior….

sorry for the long post just needed to share..
thanks, everybody..
coming to this form daily Hell hourly has been the only thing keeping me going.lol
This is awful, and I'm sorry to hear it. Is your EDD still April 13-May 18? If so, I think you're leading the pack here.

Reactions: jiren
No sorry guys mine changed last week also..wow cool you guys remembered my last Edd,, but afraid I’m not leading the pack anymore
IMG_0722.jpeg

Reactions: juan.chavez
So I just went for a test drive and while I was waiting my turn, I sat in a model Y with white interior and reaffirmed that white is what I want. So I wait it out. If they put white on the dash anywhere I’ll buy a dark dash cover so I don’t get the reflection in the windshield. But as far as I’m concerned that is the only potential down side to choosing white. Other than of course the undetermined prolonged waiting period.

PS. The car is amazing!!! The driver door was out of alignment and I got the same There is leeway in the spec…. But the drive is incredible. I recommend going on test drives occasionally to keep reaffirming this is the right car to get.

Last edited:
So I just went for a test drive and while I was waiting my turn, I sat in a model Y with white interior and reaffirmed that white is what I want. So I wait it out. If they put white on the dash anywhere I’ll buy a dark dash cover so I don’t get the reflection in the windshield. But as far as I’m concerned that is the only potential down side to choosing white. Other than of course the undetermined prolonged waiting period.
I have a 2020 M3 with white interior. Honestly, I have never noticed any reflection in the windshield from the white strip on the dash, and I live in sunny California.
I would rather keep driving my existing car, than getting a new one with black interior. So I will be holding out!

Reactions: jiren and evfangirl