Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Ludicrous Spotted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too large for USS ?
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 06.39.46.png

Staggered wheels😱......worst thing for driving around urban environments....so easy to curb rash the rear
"Speculation". Can't tell from that video, that's for sure.
Rear towing eye and better seats are a welcome addition for those of us who like to compete!

Reactions: Bouba
Bit of a semantics debate but hypercars are bonkers, this won't be. It is too "safe".

I'm not sure you can call a mass produced car a hypercar.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to stuff like this though. A Ferrari 355 is a supercar, even if it's slower than a lot of cars nowadays. A Tesla Model 3 is not a supercar, but it has supercar like acceleration.

For me theatre is a big part of whether something is a supercar or hypercar. Supercars give you butterflies in your stomach when you open the garage door, when they're just sat there.

I happen to live on a street where 75% of my neighbors are in mid- life crisis mode. The guy to my left he as a 5 car garage with lifts. He has a Lambo, ZO6, Audi R8, Corvette C8, Shelby Cobra, GTR, and some other custom vette.

Right across the street is a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Next to him is a Porsche Panorama and Porsche Carerra.

I don’t light up when seeing these cars as at 6’3” 295 lbs and bad knees I can’t get in and out of any of them

I can get in and out of my Model S Plaid. I can spank any of the others in the Qtr Mile and with my soon to be installed track pack can beat most on a track as evidenced by the new plaid record of 7 minutes and 25.231 seconds at Nürburgring race course in Germany.

Maybe not Supercar or Hypercar but the S plaid is in a class all of it’s own.

I happen to live on a street where 75% of my neighbors are in mid- life crisis mode. The guy to my left he as a 5 car garage with lifts. He has a Lambo, ZO6, Audi R8, Corvette C8, Shelby Cobra, GTR, and some other custom vette.

Right across the street is a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Next to him is a Porsche Panorama and Porsche Carerra.

I don’t light up when seeing these cars as at 6’3” 295 lbs and bad knees I can’t get in and out of any of them

I can get in and out of my Model S Plaid. I can spank any of the others in the Qtr Mile and with my soon to be installed track pack can beat most on a track as evidenced by the new plaid record of 7 minutes and 25.231 seconds at Nürburgring race course in Germany.

Maybe not Supercar or Hypercar but the S plaid is in a class all of it’s own.
Well said !......by the way, you live in a good neighborhood 🤔😀

Looking like this though is probably cheaper/less disruptive on everyone's lives as a midlife crisis 'moment' versus trying to feel young by getting know someone half your age a little too well.........Divorce costs I hear makes even owning a Lambo seem cheap 😂

x720

Last edited:
Reactions: as400
Lots of leaked information and pictures now, we know it has:

New bucket seats
New Front Splitter
Ventilated Seats
New Rear Spoiler
630bhp according to latest leaks

Which would put it right around 2.7s - 2.9s 0-60 and 10.9s 1/4 Mile. No doubt they are targeting the X Drive M3 Performance.

Anyone got much interest in this vehicle? I was hoping for more power than 630bhp personally, feels like a small step up from the last gen Model 3 Performance. Would have been nice to go 700 - 800hp range for an everyday driver.