Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Extended Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
My 2018 LR Model 3 warranty expires Dec 1st and I'm a bit concerned about owning the car without warranty coverage because of how expensive repairs can be. Has anyone gotten an extended warranty for their Model 3? I know Tesla doesn't offer it.

My 2018 LR Model 3 warranty expires Dec 1st and I'm a bit concerned about owning the car without warranty coverage because of how expensive repairs can be. Has anyone gotten an extended warranty for their Model 3? I know Tesla doesn't offer it.

Since Tesla doesn't, you might want to take a look at:

@X-Care EV has been paying claims for Tesla owners for the past 3 years and it looks like it is doing a good job.

Since Tesla doesn't, you might want to take a look at:

@X-Care EV has been paying claims for Tesla owners for the past 3 years and it looks like it is doing a good job.
Yes - call these guys. I have multiple emails back and forth with someone there and if I DON'T replace my car by March 2023 I may be getting their plan

standard range->$35K Model 3 Extended Warranty premium?
Plug it in yourself to their website and see? Their website provides quotes, so I am not sure what you are asking here. Someone to put the above into the website for you?

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 7.26.34 PM.png

I ran it for my Model 3 and got 5 quotes, for 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10 years. Kind of interesting that the 4 year quote was less expensive than the 3 year quote for the same mileage. I am not liking that there is a $100 deductible, so if my 12 volt battery goes bad then I'm basically buying it myself. Oh but it looks like they don't cover the 12 volt battery anyway. I only purchased an extended warranty once in my life years ago for another vehicle and never had to use it, so that was kind of a waste of money. But I am concerned about my Model 3 and the front end noise that many get, due to the control arms. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh and ucmndd
I ran it for my Model 3 and got 5 quotes, for 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10 years. Kind of interesting that the 4 year quote was less expensive than the 3 year quote for the same mileage. I am not liking that there is a $100 deductible, so if my 12 volt battery goes bad then I'm basically buying it myself. Oh but it looks like they don't cover the 12 volt battery anyway. I only purchased an extended warranty once in my life years ago for another vehicle and never had to use it, so that was kind of a waste of money. But I am concerned about my Model 3 and the front end noise that many get, due to the control arms. Decisions, decisions.
Would you rather pay $205/hr for labor to put in battery. Buy your own. Jesus, you get a warranty on a 50, 60K car and you're complaining about a 12V battery?

Reactions: android04
Plug it in yourself to their website and see? Their website provides quotes, so I am not sure what you are asking here. Someone to put the above into the website for you?

View attachment 875411
oh thought it would be a high pressure sales call, a la CarShield. The industry is/was the #1 spammer after all.

$3,559​

Years: 6
Miles: 75,000
Deductible: $100
Coverage Until Date: November 2028
Coverage Until Mileage: 109,000
30 Day Waiting Period
Roadside Assistance Included
Select

$3,052​

Years: 4
Miles: 50,000
Coverage Until Date: November 2026
Coverage Until Mileage: 84,000
30 Day Waiting Period
Select

$2,967​

Years: 3
Miles: 36,000
Coverage Until Date: November 2025
Coverage Until Mileage: 70,000
30 Day Waiting Period

• Informative
Reactions: house9

$3,559​

30 Day Waiting Period
Select

$3,052​

30 Day Waiting Period
Select

$2,967​

30 Day Waiting Period
I'd go for the 6 year. What Ive been reading most of the lithium supply still comes from Australian mines which are owned by alot of Chinese companies. They are saying they won't have American mines up and running until 2025/2026, so......I don't think new Tesla prices are going down to meet the $7500 credit.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh

$3,559​

30 Day Waiting Period
Select

$3,052​

30 Day Waiting Period
Select

$2,967​

30 Day Waiting Period
BTW....my communication w the person at XCel said if you cancel you get pro rated refund. If you sell privately you can transfer warranty for $50 which would probably get you a higher price

i hear a noise when going over bumps in my driveway too. is that control arms? I'm still under full TSLA warranty, so will complain right b/f expiration
I think partly it is but many have had a much louder sound with slow driving, not going over any bumps. I have had the same noise you hear when going over bumps before but it's not every time. I might just see what Tesla can do, unfortunately the closest Service Center is 2 hours away and since I can't talk to anyone over the phone there, I'd hate to drive all that way and then they won't cover it or just give me a temporary fix, like greasing it. The issue is big enough that Tesla made a revision to the control arms.

Reactions: vickh