Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Battery needs replacement after 1 year- in Miami- car needs to stay in SC 6-8 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shebor

Jan 20, 2022
Miami
Hi Everyone,

First of all I LOVE my Tesla and the overall Tesla experience.

However, am shocked that after 1 year of leasing my awesome Tesla, that a warning sign came up in my car saying Maximum battery charge level reduced.
Took my car in to Coral Gables SC, where I leased it, service was initially excellent, while explaining the issue I was having, at the end of the day I received a message saying my HV (battery pack) had to be replaced, and that it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I explained how many miles I drive and that it was going to be challenging to drive with such limited battery. I was told I could not drive the car like this and my car has to stay at the SC.
I asked for a loaner and was told no loaners available, I’d be put on a waiting list and they could provide me with Uber vouchers:///.

I asked to put a lease payment hold on my car while it is at SC and was told I must continue to pay. I am a mother and a full time realtor, I drive from Miami-Palmetto Bay- Miami Beach- Doral all over the place and can not take an Uber, I need my car and am shocked to see the only solution I’ve been given is to receive Uber vouchers….
Anyone else in Miami have this issue?

Attachments

• F05E58D4-72D7-44E0-AD2C-F2E560A59005.jpeg
    F05E58D4-72D7-44E0-AD2C-F2E560A59005.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 116
Hi Everyone,

First of all I LOVE my Tesla and the overall Tesla experience.

However, am shocked that after 1 year of leasing my awesome Tesla, that a warning sign came up in my car saying Maximum battery charge level reduced.
Took my car in to Coral Gables SC, where I leased it, service was initially excellent, while explaining the issue I was having, at the end of the day I received a message saying my HV (battery pack) had to be replaced, and that it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I explained how many miles I drive and that it was going to be challenging to drive with such limited battery. I was told I could not drive the car like this and my car has to stay at the SC.
I asked for a loaner and was told no loaners available, I’d be put on a waiting list and they could provide me with Uber vouchers:///.

I asked to put a lease payment hold on my car while it is at SC and was told I must continue to pay. I am a mother and a full time realtor, I drive from Miami-Palmetto Bay- Miami Beach- Doral all over the place and can not take an Uber, I need my car and am shocked to see the only solution I’ve been given is to receive Uber vouchers….
Anyone else in Miami have this issue?
Do you normally charge it up to 100%? Is it a SR+? What specifically did the SC say was wrong with the HV that it needs replacing? Glad you are getting a loaner.