Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Australia - Massive Price Cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-10-16_17-5-8.png

New wheels also

So just did a check and yep, it's $2627.6 less than I paid for the Model 3, though FSD has gone up about $1600 since I got that. So I guess $1k less overall. That said I have nearly a years worth driving of it.

Range is also up to 657km from 620km I'm guessing that's due to the new heat pump which for Australia given that it doesn't snow in most areas or get that properly cold isn't that much of a difference.

Hopefully the new cars are better built with less faults. I think moving the screen out a bit like they've done will be nice.

upload_2020-10-16_18-0-54.png

The new center console is no big change:

upload_2020-10-16_18-2-11.png

The one thing I want to know is if the side glass is thicker and if they is now a powered boot.
If there are those two i'd be interested to see if they can do a retrofit on older cars.

I do like the look of the Uberturbine wheels but damn, i'd hate to get gutter rash on them or speed humps.

Which Model 3 did you buy James? Post the price increases late last year (if I recall correctly) the differences are actually in the $7-10k range. Tesla seem to have provided Australia with their FX rate pricing reduction at the same time as the model 'refresh' (US didn't see price reductions).

Definitely has an auto-boot as it's listed on the configurator ... and I did read that the windows were planned to be thicker.

Seems to be great buying at these prices.

Long Range (with Metallic paint), ordered Aug 19. Final Price last year (excluding FSD) was $94378.60

Right now it's $91639
So $2739.6 difference

But yeah FSD has gone up $1600 in that time as well, so $1139.60

I guess add for the chrome delete kit which funnily enough arrived today.

Last edited:
Yep, over 5k cheaper in NSW for LR. Very good buying at that price. Get in now before the next A$ collapse :D

It would be very nice to have a heat pump rather than the resistive heater, but Sydney’s climate is so mild even the warm air coming from the battery is usually enough to feel warm and I don’t think I’ve ever turned the heater on. If it’s really cold, I just turn on the seat heaters for a bit.

New centre console does nothing for me, as does chrome delete.

Long Range (with Metallic paint), ordered Aug 19. Final Price last year (excluding FSD) was $94378.60

Right now it's $91639
So $2739.6 difference

But yeah FSD has gone up $1600 in that time as well, so $1139.60

I guess add for the chrome delete kit which funnily enough arrived today.

An early order then. As some others mentioned, Tesla raised their prices later in the year.

Do we know if this also.means switch to China made?
The first batch may just be coming in from US... ..don't think gf Shanghai making them for our market just yet.. next batch from Dec builds will likely be from GF Shanghai.. @Vedaprime please assist with vins on their way ? If M in vin then definitely refresh and from US..china vins will be different to current well known tesla 5YJ...?

The better range would be from new heat pump and new wheels.. maybe improved motor and inverter... Unlikely just software so current builds won't get this kind of range boost

It's the wheels, heat pump and slightly refined battery chemistry that achieved the additional range. Unless your car has the new heat pump and/or batteries, there's no software update to improve range.

Yes, as I said above, unless your car has the new heat pump and/or batteries, there's no software update to improve range. Notice how the update is only on the model Y? The model Y has the new heat pump, and possibly the new battery chemistry, hence the range unlock.
U disagree with the link? The description explains the efficiency improvements

Range improvement with that update on model Y s already on the road too in so how can it be battery chemistry changes on this occassion?

Last edited: