Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Air Conditioning Not Working Only under 30 mph…?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 M3 RWD This issue happened at the end of last summer 2 or 3 times but has persisted this summer on days the temp is over 95 degrees. When car is parked or driving under about 30 mph the a/c will continuously turn on and off while blowing warm, humid air. As soon as I am able to get onto a street that allows me to maintain a speed about 30 mph the air works perfectly. As soon as the average speed slows back down below 30, the a/c reverts back to the intermittent fan function and warm air.

Tesla Service gave me an estimate at the end of last summer, but they were recommending replacing a bunch of air conditioning parts, that would make sense if the system did not function at all, but in my non expert assessment, this does not seem like a reasonable solution to the specific symptoms.

Hoping someone might have experienced something similar, or could critique my assessment. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
Turn on the AC in your driveway. Take a look at the louvers in the lower part of your front bumper with a flash light. The back set of louvers should open and you should feel a good amount of air being sucked in.

If the louvers are close that would be it. If the fan is not on that would be it.

Reactions: MrThreeeee
Today I had the same issue. Indeed, the condenser fan was stopping all the time. Eventually I got it working and the louvers were open. At this point I do not know if I have a faulty fans or louvers or if the fans are only activated if the AGS is open...