Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 accident repair costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2002.jpg
I had the misfortune (stupidity) to reverse in to a pillar in an underground car park. The damage as you can judge from the picture above will not polish out but I was surprised at the repair estimate. For a bit of fun have a guess at the repair estimate. The only damage is that visible in the picture.

I believe most dealer don’t have their own body work shop. Find a good one around, they can order parts and paint from Tesla and do the job. I guess £4500 according to my experience.

There is an option that repair without replacing parts if just the body work. There are some garages can do fantastic job. Maybe £2000 job done.

One of my friend was quoted £13k to replace soft top and finally find a garage done it for £3k.

A gold old fashioned body works would fix that for under a grand, if the bumper can be saved. You are probably talking to replacement folk who would replace everything with new and add a respray on top for your scary price. See if you can find an old coach works nearby who aren’t scared by the idea of using a hammer and dolly.

I would guess £5K - £7K but wouldn't be at all surprised if it was more from a main dealer. Rear bumper, rear quarter, light looks damaged and possible the charging port cover. I assume the red paint is also expensive as it is a £2K option on the car.

Here is damage to the same area on my car (some genius reversed into my car while it was parked):

IMG-0841.jpg

I was quoted £1,800 + VAT to repair that, at a Tesla approved bodyshop. And It's just damage to the bumper and panel, not to the brake light enclosure. Will be covered by my insurance though, the other guy is at fault.