Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobileye 2016 S Replacement AP1 Cruise Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,
The AP1 and cruised control seemingly randomly appear and disappear without apparent reason. After trying everything suggested on the internet and not working, I believe the camera/mobile eye is faulty (Hardware) as the cars on dash come and go in direct relation to AP1 and CC working. When it comes on, I am able to use it without issue.
One other point is it did not work at all before I upgraded to the new MCU2. I found this article about a recall that wasn't a recall and wondering if my baby would qualify. I will check when I get enough counseling to return to a service rep, just wondering if anyone knows.

Tesla is replacing faulty Autopilot cameras in some cars, internal documents say.

Since Tesla and Mobileye are no longer dating, is there a replacement part that will work? I don't trust Tesla service.
BTW, I have a 2016 S P100D produced in September.
Thank you,
Mike

Greetings,
The AP1 and cruised control seemingly randomly appear and disappear without apparent reason. After trying everything suggested on the internet and not working, I believe the camera/mobile eye is faulty (Hardware) as the cars on dash come and go in direct relation to AP1 and CC working. When it comes on, I am able to use it without issue.
One other point is it did not work at all before I upgraded to the new MCU2. I found this article about a recall that wasn't a recall and wondering if my baby would qualify. I will check when I get enough counseling to return to a service rep, just wondering if anyone knows.

Tesla is replacing faulty Autopilot cameras in some cars, internal documents say.

Since Tesla and Mobileye are no longer dating, is there a replacement part that will work? I don't trust Tesla service.
BTW, I have a 2016 S P100D produced in September.
Thank you,
Mike
What makes you think Tesla cannot source parts for AP1?

I think your only choice, besides Tesla service, would be to buy a used part from a scrapped Tesla. @wk057 would probably know what is involved in replacing that module.

But you might start by checking, and reseating, the connections. (Are there errors/warnings displayed on the MCU or in the service mode?)

What makes you think Tesla cannot source parts for AP1?
They don't say that. They said they don't trust Tesla.

I think your only choice, besides Tesla service, would be to buy a used part from a scrapped Tesla. @wk057 would probably know what is involved in replacing that module.

But you might start by checking, and reseating, the connections. (Are there errors/warnings displayed on the MCU or in the service mode?)

They don't say that. They said they don't trust Tesla.
Thanks for your answer. No errors ever, just "not available." It acts like a short so trying the reconnection is a great idea. Does anyone know if there is a video or manual for locating the connections?
Thanks everyone, I have learned so much from this site and from all of you that volunteer to help others. Much appreciated.

No errors ever, just "not available." It acts like a short so trying the reconnection is a great idea.
If you think there is no errors, this “not available“ message will be listed on the alerts page. You should see this exclamation mark on the upper edge at that time and clicking on it will pop-up that page (see photo, should show DAS_w048 warning). Have you tried to make restart? If the use of scroll wheels on the steering have not given any result, then better to use that “wheel configuration” function on the service section. This allows the computers to be booted more deeply and might get better result. One side note using this, you need to select the previous wheels back after the restart, as this is to indicate to your car that you actually have change your set of wheels. So it’s 2x reboot.
Do use the search function here will also give some answers as others have reported that changing the radar unit have fixed similar situation.

D5D51E84-B333-4612-860B-BBB2B466C94A.jpeg

Last edited:
If you think there is no errors, this “not available“ message will be listed on the alerts page. You should see this exclamation mark on the upper edge at that time and clicking on it will pop-up that page (see photo, should show DAS_w048 warning). Have you tried to make restart? If the use of scroll wheels on the steering have not given any result, then better to use that “wheel configuration” function on the service section. This allows the computers to be booted more deeply and might get better result. One side note using this, you need to select the previous wheels back after the restart, as this is to indicate to your car that you actually have change your set of wheels. So it’s 2x reboot.
Do use the search function here will also give some answers as others have reported that changing the radar unit have fixed similar situation.

View attachment 990727
Thanks,
Never had that red triangle/!. When I am on with Tesla, they do not see any issues on their end. Will try your suggestion.