Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mirrors won't fold at 'home'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure what I did but my mirrors won't fold any more at my 'home' location. They fold everywhere else when the doors are locked. I have tried a few things, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any ideas? Under other driver profiles they fold so I guess I can just delete it worst case and set it back up?

I am not sure what I did but my mirrors won't fold any more at my 'home' location. They fold everywhere else when the doors are locked. I have tried a few things, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any ideas? Under other driver profiles they fold so I guess I can just delete it worst case and set it back up?
Maybe just remove the setting from the drivers profile and then itll fold when you lock like everywhere else.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe this will help, from the manual:

To set the mirrors to fold automatically whenever you exit and lock Model S touch Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Fold. The mirrors unfold automatically when you unlock Model S.

You can also set mirrors to fold automatically whenever you arrive at a specific location, which saves you from having to manually fold them each time you arrive at a frequented place. To set this up, stop at the location you want to save (or drive at less than 3 mph (5 km/h)), and fold the mirrors. Save Location appears briefly below the Fold Mirrors control. Touch again if you no longer want mirrors to automatically fold at the location.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe this will help, from the manual:

To set the mirrors to fold automatically whenever you exit and lock Model S touch Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Fold. The mirrors unfold automatically when you unlock Model S.

You can also set mirrors to fold automatically whenever you arrive at a specific location, which saves you from having to manually fold them each time you arrive at a frequented place. To set this up, stop at the location you want to save (or drive at less than 3 mph (5 km/h)), and fold the mirrors. Save Location appears briefly below the Fold Mirrors control. Touch again if you no longer want mirrors to automatically fold at the location.
I tried this, and they fold but when I back up out of my garage, they stay folded until I am like a block away (unless I manually unfold them).

I did a search on TMC for mirror and found this:
Note that there are TWO settings that control the mirror folding.

Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold

and

Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location

Check your manual to see if there's any special differences for Model Y. I think what you need to reset is the checkbox that appears on Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location.

Did you just add a 2nd driver profile? Somehow mine stopped auto tilting in reverse after I added my wife's profile. Mobile service came out (still free under warranty at the time) and said you just have to keep your foot on the brake, shift into reverse, and then put the mirrors where you want it - for reverse. Even park might have its own setting in addition to drive. Then save the changes to your profile.

I don't know why adding a profile changed this behavior but it did to me. Mine's a 2015.

I'm having an issue where on my 2020 M3 my mirrors are auto-folding as I near my driveway. I always pull past my driveway and then backup into the driveway. With the mirrors folder this make it impossible to use the mirrors. A couple of weeks ago I did manage to find the darn setting and was able to turn off the auto-fold for a few days. unfortunately I don't recall where the setting is and the issue has reappeared. I tried locating the darn setting in the touch screen and in the manual but cannot find it.
In a previous post (above ) I see:
Note that there are TWO settings that control the mirror folding.

Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold

and

Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location
But I don't see these settings on my touch screen.

When the mirrors auto fold, see if there’s a message onscreen that gives you the option to forget that location. The UI is different now, and the option to remember the location only appears when you manually fold the mirrors if I recall correctly. If there’s no message when the mirrors auto fold, manually unfold them as soon as they fold and see if the forget location option appears.