Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight silver metallic on the model x??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Midnight Silver | Black Leather | Glossy Obeche on order but recently decided to change from the 7-seat to 6-seat after reading Elon's tweet and seeing it in person. Since I'm going to be paying a change fee anyway, I thought it was worth taking another look at my other selections.

I stumbled upon these photos of the Midnight Silver with White interior and they look beautiful. I was initially concerned having white with 3 kids (all under 4) but other threads seem to indicate they are not a problem. I'm still on the fence though.

Anyone advice from others debating this color combo? What interior trim do you recommend with the white?

I love the white! It is so unique, and I think it makes the interior feel bigger. I don't know how it will hold up over time with kids. My mom cut her finger and was bleeding on the white seats and it wiped right off. It definitely shows dirt more easily from my daughter's shoes (she is in a rearfacing car seat), but you can wipe it off easily. I bought some white oilcloth and I am going to try and sew up some kind of seat cover for where her car seat is that matches the white seats (all of the ones I've found online are gray or black).

I love the white! It is so unique, and I think it makes the interior feel bigger. I don't know how it will hold up over time with kids. My mom cut her finger and was bleeding on the white seats and it wiped right off. It definitely shows dirt more easily from my daughter's shoes (she is in a rearfacing car seat), but you can wipe it off easily. I bought some white oilcloth and I am going to try and sew up some kind of seat cover for where her car seat is that matches the white seats (all of the ones I've found online are gray or black).

Thanks - that's very encouraging! May I ask if you got the perforated seats, and if so, has that been an issue yet? I know they are supposed to be putting a strong backing on them but still not clear whether they are likely to hold up with kids.

Thanks - that's very encouraging! May I ask if you got the perforated seats, and if so, has that been an issue yet? I know they are supposed to be putting a strong backing on them but still not clear whether they are likely to hold up with kids.

I did get the perforated seats, but I haven't had them long enough to know if they will hold up, other than the incident with the blood on the seat that I mentioned!

I ordered pearl white but am having second thoughts I like midnight silver but someone told me it looks gray more than the blue gray I see in pictures. Any opinions from someone that has seen both colors would be nice I havent seen peal white in person either and dont live near a supercharger If midnight silver is blueish I'm inclined to switch unless I get very favorable reviews about pearl white

Color is a very personal choice. I don't think you can go wrong w/ Pearl/white. It's the safest color. Midnight silver looks different in every single photo due to camera, angle, lighting, etc.

We've had 4 white cars so this time we are going with midnight silver. I do feel it's more gray in person compared to pictures.

Reactions: omega731
I ordered pearl white but am having second thoughts I like midnight silver but someone told me it looks gray more than the blue gray I see in pictures. Any opinions from someone that has seen both colors would be nice I havent seen peal white in person either and dont live near a supercharger If midnight silver is blueish I'm inclined to switch unless I get very favorable reviews about pearl white

Like Outie said, very subjective, we have Midnight Silver and absolutely love it. We also love the Pearl White. You won't go wrong with either choice. Unless you are in a hurry, I would suggest waiting until you get a chance to see them in person, especially in the sunlight. Seeing them in the different lighting conditions was the deciding factor for us. Good luck with whatever you choose.

5vtTfKAIRRNGNd91fEuFQXFdpme9nw9rp4RM9oRGu3Xu2h4gOMJeWuI2Gbi-c1WXAF4uz9vWs2qin1S04FAeOoKQ9Wu1DC-eREKlwmR8FJu0JJksIQtOMSpKZNVVIUCsm7bZ3Af6RzTX9u8sKqNCuIqiRowyqK1hVCkXnJdaDaPJs1YkDAkIuTXyxXf6sMI1BMTogijtVgAPEuHNb2EVd1_uq1XvHy_JGLqOCmWdyVbxXGAjcSIOP-Lv_O0wKxR41PDAbf33OvsNB-sDcyrf2VaUYrsEHXTReDv9l2MuEKpGKLqUy4-RDKxMSIjN3F_DfJOPO5RgqaUC2Pfl8XiRGU0JWoFp9S0d5aEANwtq_MQ8JxJN4PiFxU0OxiILWzQhTnR-39lrZwHHIBlld2lulpM1-yRlSgr371WrK4kbvcUWkLp8Hxz0sttJRg-Eo0wYYvxM0ZP-7GC-e5_TIK0AtFwREcyoUeLmZE-SVtN19-ESPNvsfUmrBzsiyQH2a-sy98nfLX-NOFyjLm6mUTUg1bB8RtHZsFFLxyKzH9wAw0YxUdYrEB48S1SzbQJaMC5GmthqV36AtjtW3P19E5JAQwg6q_RifBm8=w1368-h769-no