Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gloss or Matte Rear and Lip Spoilers on Midnight Silver Metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

forbitel

Feb 19, 2024
USA
Hi, new member here.

I'm trying to give a fresher look to my 2020 Model S LR. getting gloss chrome delete soon, and trying to decide between matte and gloss rear spoiler, possibly front too.

Do you have any pictures of midnight silver metallic with gloss or matte spoiler to help me decide?

I been reading about delamination in carbon fiber, does this affect both matte and gloss? or is either of them better to avoid delamination?

Looks like many go with RPM, any other brand you would recommend I should consider?

Tanks in advance.

I had gloss carbon fiber in my Audi and after almost 10 years I could detect no delamination or the dreaded yellow hue that plagues inferior carbon fiber after a while. In some ways I wish Tesla had gone glossy on the MSP but the matte looks pretty good, so I don't think you can go wrong either way as long as it's from a quality company that stands behind the product.

Upvote 0
I had gloss carbon fiber in my Audi and after almost 10 years I could detect no delamination or the dreaded yellow hue that plagues inferior carbon fiber after a while. In some ways I wish Tesla had gone glossy on the MSP but the matte looks pretty good, so I don't think you can go wrong either way as long as it's from a quality company that stands behind the product.
Thanks Brooklyn, I'll give the matte a try, hopefully I get not issues with the brand I ordered. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi, new member here.

I'm trying to give a fresher look to my 2020 Model S LR. getting gloss chrome delete soon, and trying to decide between matte and gloss rear spoiler, possibly front too.

Do you have any pictures of midnight silver metallic with gloss or matte spoiler to help me decide?

I been reading about delamination in carbon fiber, does this affect both matte and gloss? or is either of them better to avoid delamination?

Looks like many go with RPM, any other brand you would recommend I should consider?

Tanks in advance.
Check out Haloblk, free shipping on Amazon, RPM charges $60 for delivery but the RPM spoiler looks exactly like the OEM. Halo is just a bit different but looks cool and fits perfect and comes with extra 3M tape. Post a pic when your done.

Upvote 0