Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Middle seat in 2nd row opens cupholder when moved forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I have an appointment tomorrow with the SC to determine why the middle seat makes a cracking sound when moved forward (you can hear it in the video). Tonight, I decided to test whether it still made the sound and in the process, discovered that the cupholder gets opened by the seat. At the time, I didn't notice the cupholder was open until I moved the seat back to its normal position and got an obstacle detected alert. Now I have two permanent scuff marks in the middle seat made by the open cupholder as the middle seat pulled back. Do you think Tesla should be responsible for the damage to the seat?

IMG_6025.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, I told them about this months ago. In my case it broke the cupholder and they fixed it. Several software updates later and nothing has changed. If I move the middle seat that far forward I have to remember to put the cupholder in before moving it back since the seat auto opens it.

For added hilarity:
- move front passenger seat all the way back
- move middle row passenger seat forward
- move middle seat all the way forward like you have it here
- move middle row passenger seat back

Gaze in awe as the front passenger seat impacts the middle seat, gets confused, and the center display reboots spontaneously.

• Informative
Reactions: luckyruby
Ha, I told them about this months ago. In my case it broke the cupholder and they fixed it. Several software updates later and nothing has changed. If I move the middle seat that far forward I have to remember to put the cupholder in before moving it back since the seat auto opens it.

For added hilarity:
- move front passenger seat all the way back
- move middle row passenger seat forward
- move middle seat all the way forward like you have it here
- move middle row passenger seat back

Gaze in awe as the front passenger seat impacts the middle seat, gets confused, and the center display reboots spontaneously.
Congratulations, you just uncovered a new Easter Egg!