Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Speed on Autosteer Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I just got my car on Sept 15, I have FSD but do not have the beta activated.
There is a highway near me that when I am on auto steer in one particular spot every time changes the max speed from 100km/hr down to 50km/hr. This is for only about 2-3 km but it is kind of annoying as it is a highway I use frequently. Mostly because if I don’t catch it quick enough it is a quick deceleration to 60 km/hr. Is there anyway of reporting this?

Hi!
I just got my car on Sept 15, I have FSD but do not have the beta activated.
There is a highway near me that when I am on auto steer in one particular spot every time changes the max speed from 100km/hr down to 50km/hr. This is for only about 2-3 km but it is kind of annoying as it is a highway I use frequently. Mostly because if I don’t catch it quick enough it is a quick deceleration to 60 km/hr. Is there anyway of reporting this?

Tesla gets its speed limit data from TomTom, you can create a TomTom account and update the map of the road you are talking about with the correct information, then in a year or so when Tesla updates its navigation data hopefully your update to TomTom will have been accepted and approved and will make it into the update. I actually did this for my daily commute (submitted 4 corrections) and 3 of the 4 were implemented in the next navigation update... just in time for me to move 1000 miles away for a new job!

Later,

Keith McDonnell

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Tesla gets its speed limit data from TomTom, you can create a TomTom account and update the map of the road you are talking about with the correct information, then in a year or so when Tesla updates its navigation data hopefully your update to TomTom will have been accepted and approved and will make it into the update. I actually did this for my daily commute (submitted 4 corrections) and 3 of the 4 were implemented in the next navigation update... just in time for me to move 1000 miles away for a new job!

Later,

Keith McDonnell
Thank you for the suggestion! Sorry to hear that you didn’t get to take advantage of your hard work.