Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had a score of 100 (I don't), I'd probably do the 2-finger salute (reboot) BEFORE putting the car in park for EVERY drive for the next few days at least. Just in case there's a "ding" I didn't notice. That should guarantee you keep the 100 score. Nothing to lose either, best I can tell.
This is good advice. I'm at 100 but planning a long drive from Seattle to Vancouver BC tomorrow. Unless I'm absolutely certain there couldn't have been a ding on my drive, I'm 2-finger saluting it to the finish line! This is absolutely insane.

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
I think they'll keep it simple: stack rank everyone with 7+ days of data (they can probably see a couple of more decimal points than the app displays) then move down the list in chunks of 1,000.
Per Elon's tweet, I think it's even more simple than that for the initial rollout: literally everyone who has an overall score of 100 will get access to FSD beta, period. Whether that's 1,000 people or 1,200 or more, I don't think they care.

Per Elon's tweet, I think it's even more simple than that for the initial rollout: literally everyone who has an overall score of 100 will get access to FSD beta, period. Whether that's 1,000 people or 1,200 or more, I don't think they care.

Yes - also he thinks the number of 100s will grow in the next two days. So, he isn't thinking about non-rounded 100 (i.e. he isn't saying the score should be 100.00). He thinks people who are close to 100 will drive more in the next two days to get to 100, after rounding.

wow ok, then i'm definitely not touching my model 3 until Saturday morning! Don't want to screw up my 100!

I’m out driving around working on my score.

So this is probably a dumb question, but I notice the thing I’ve been dinged the most for is aggressive turning. And as you all know, it is shown as a percentage. I’m guessing that it’s a percentage of all turns made.

If that’s the case, should I just go out and do a whole bunch of granny turns? :)

Can't we just assume that anyone who specified S Plaid has a yoke? do we really need a column for it?
@novox77 No, we can’t. Refreshed LRs have a yoke as well. Then there are older non refreshed LRs with wheels. So, when someone inputs S LR, that could be a yoke or wheel car. @EVNow @2021plaid

Edit: It looks like some ahole took it upon themselves to delete the yoke column in the S/S. Nicely done…

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
I’m out driving around working on my score.

So this is probably a dumb question, but I notice the thing I’ve been dinged the most for is aggressive turning. And as you all know, it is shown as a percentage. I’m guessing that it’s a percentage of all turns made.

If that’s the case, should I just go out and do a whole bunch of granny turns? :)
Yes, or more efficiently, find a roundabout and do it for a few minutes. or drive in a circle in a large empty parking lot. A g force sensor app will help you stay between 0.2 and 0.4g. or you can just trust your butt accelerometer.

Hey. You can just drive your hot rod you have in your avatar picture 'till the weekend!
If only. That probably costs millions - there aren't that many of those EVs around.

ps : 21st Century Device Timeline Electric Car. By: Matt Ostap

JAN 1, 1891 - William Morrison creates the first successful electric car

autos3075.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier and EVNow
@EVNow Reminds me of the VHS vs BetaMax wars. Like EV’s, BetaMax was better, but VHS format prevailed, like polluting gas guzzler ICE cars.
Yes - my username and avatar were born from frustration in not having any freeway capable EVs to buy (that didn't cost over 100k like Roadster !). Basically I was thinking why can't they make an EV now - if they could in 1890.

Its like someone posting with a "FSDNow" user name ;)

Yes - my username and avatar were born from frustration in not having any freeway capable EVs to buy (that didn't cost over 100k like Roadster !). Basically I was thinking we can't they make an EV now - if they could in 1890.

Its like someone posting with a "FSDNow" user name ;)
@EVNow Nice! Glad to be all electric now. Being in WA, where most electricity comes from hydroelectric plants, it’s truly green and good for the planet! Of course, I like the side benefit of instant torque as well!

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and Phlier
Being in WA, where most electricity comes from hydroelectric plants, it’s truly green and good for the planet!
Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go in Utah in that regard.

There's a supercharger in Price, Utah that often times has "Powered By Coal" stickers on them. As you can imagine, this enrages most Tesla drivers, but the fact remains that, unfortunately, the stickers are correct; those superchargers are powered by a huge coal powered generating plant nearby.

Even so, BEV's are so efficient that charging a Tesla at that supercharger, and driving it using "coal power," it ends up being better for the environment than driving an ICE. Even if it's a small win, it's still a win. Utah does have quite a few hydro stations, but unfortunately, we still have quite a few coal plants, too. "Carbon County" Utah (that's literally the name of the county) gets its name from the huge coal mines in and around the Price, Utah area.

We'll get there... eventually. :)

Edit to add: I made it home with my 100 score intact. Whew. Now to not drive the car until tomorrow night at midnight!