Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maryland Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hagerstown will open this Sat. 18 Jan. I asked about charging at the Rockville Service Center this Sat., and they told me I would get a better result at the Hagerstown SC, which would be open then. They are loaning a car to them as a test vehicle. Expect a press release Thurs. 16 or Fri. 17 Jan.

Can someone confirm if Hagerstown SC is live? I'm taking a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend.
Thanks!!

No, as of this afternoon it is not live. They are missing one more part (the main power transformer) and then they should be good to go. Unfortunately I don't see it happening this weekend, so I would plan to charge in Somerset PA (another 107 miles or so further).

Peter

Can someone confirm if Hagerstown SC is live? I'm taking a trip to Pittsburgh this weekend.
Thanks!!

Somerset should be pretty easily manageable from DC, if your battery is 85 kWh and you don't drive too fast/aggressively or blast the heat the whole time. To play it extra-safe (especially westbound), you can time your trip so you stop for a meal in Frederick. I used the 30A J1772 charger at the Marriott TownePlace (free but need ChargePoint card), and the Nissan dealer on the other side of 270 also said I was welcome to charge there if needed.

When it's ready, Hagerstown will be a much better stopping point along the DC-Pittsburgh route.

What is the holdup with Hagerstown? I visited the site a month ago and construction was underway back then. Other locations that started construction after Hagerstown are operational already. Is there an equipment issue or a permit issue holding up the opening of this Supercharger?

What is the holdup with Hagerstown? I visited the site a month ago and construction was underway back then. Other locations that started construction after Hagerstown are operational already. Is there an equipment issue or a permit issue holding up the opening of this Supercharger?

The last update was that it is awaiting its utility transfomer and hookup, which is out of Tesla's control.

I spoke with construction crew last Saturday. They told me it should be operational by this Friday. Fingers crossed!

hagerstown supercharger

IMG_0486-1.jpg

went to whitetail today. no action at the hagerstown supercharger, as you can see. maybe it was the snow that shut construction down... hopefully friday it will be live! a little hairy coming back home. the trip would be much less stressful with this up and running!

I'm puzzling about how they could have tested the facility without a full electrical hookup. The Rockville Service folks thought it would be ready 17 Jan, and were supplying a car for testing purposes on 16 Jan. Something must have happened that is hanging things up, but I haven't asked what of the Rockville folks. I suppose it will be along "soon."

The last update was that it is awaiting its utility transfomer and hookup, which is out of Tesla's control.