Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Madison & Pleasant Prairie Supercharger Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Madison supercharger really needs an upgrade. Wait was 3 deep today. One guy waiting has given up in disgust waiting here. He is going to try and limp home. If they can't add more stalls because of the mall owner, they need to add a new location.
I read "Wait was 3 deep today" to mean that their were three cars in line for each stall, not three cars were waiting for any stall. I would write that three stalls with three waiting would be "1 deep." I guess people do count differently.
It was hard to imagine that many cars at a SupC for me because I, fortunately, have never seen it (all stalls full or had to wait for a stall). It was hard for me imagine six Teslas at a Madison SupC. I believe it, I just haven't seen it. And I hope Madison expands to six or eight soon.

Wow. Madison? I have been able to skip that SupC because I head to my brother-in-law's and charge at his home.
How many stalls are there?
If only four with three deep is 12 Teslas waiting to charge at one time; six stalls three deep is 18 Teslas sitting there. I didn't imagine that that site would be so heavily used.

Update: I went to Google Maps to look for myself. It appears that there are only two stalls--yikes! I have never seen one so small. Hopefully, they can update and add soon. Make sure to email Tesla and let them know!

Wait! I found another pic and there were three showing, and I think they are always in pairs. So four stalls? I'm back to "If only four and three deep that is 12 Teslas waiting?"???
Three stalls, each with it's own cabinet. So each stall has a maximum of 120kW charge rate. So at least each car can charge at full power. Equipment is in place to make it 6 stalls, with room to add to make it 8. Mall did not want to lose parking, then they went and xxxxx room for 2 spaces and made them no parking.

I can tell you, that 100% of the problem in Madison right now (Not counting having only 3 stalls) is Locals charging up.

Last night, I arrived with 2 cars charging. I took the pull in stall. I recognized the two other cars charging as locals. I plugged in with 15 miles left. I left at 90% (Full car, sub zero temps, and a long drive to do). BOTH locals cars were STILL charging when I left. NO WAY they were still charging. Those cars were FULL. At the same time, 4 more cars were parked waiting in a Queue to charge.

#1, MORE stalls needed.
#2, Milwaukee Supercharger needed as a stop gap (And in fact, it is coming, Though I am not at liberty to share more info on that)
#3, I have tested out the idle fee for when charging is complete. It is not being enacted at the Madison location, and it Definitely NEEDS to be.
#4, Charge rates need to be increased. My 90D saw a huge charge speed hit at superchargers on all flavors of Firmware 8.xx. This needs to be fixed. To go from 0-100% (Which I DO need to do when towing a trailer) takes a extra 20-30 minutes LONGER than it did on the last version of Firmware 7.1

Can you share any more info on Milwaukee super charger like location or rough timelines? Seems like near bayshore would be a great spot. Also anyone know about chargers in say Oshkosh? Seems like that would help with the 180+ miles between Milwaukee and Wausau.

Madison supercharger really needs an upgrade. Wait was 3 deep today. One guy waiting has given up in disgust waiting here. He is going to try and limp home. If they can't add more stalls because of the mall owner, they need to add a new location.
glhs, that was a Friday. What time were you there and how long did you have to wait? Where were you in the queue? I plan to use that SC in 10 days on way from GB to Madison. Wonder if I should drive ice car. Just need 20 minutes of charge per EV trip planner. I could use it around noon or around 3 pm. So on way to meeting or on way back home.

Noon to 3pm is busy. So probably the worst time. But, I still haven't shied away from using this supercharger. I haven't had to wait the last few times I have used it. Worst wait was about half an hour. So it's not always bad. Not like that one day I was complaining about. Sometimes I don't see anyone there in late afternoon and evening. But this site really does need an expansion.

Thank you for the helpful info - will plan to get there before noon. Surprising there are only 3 stalls in Madison which is a major city at the junction of 3 interstates plus other major highways. Although no SC's at all in Milwaukee - closest is 20 miles south in Pleasant Prairie. Supposedly will be 8 stalls at Green Bay SC when it opens in a month or so.

• Funny
Reactions: MarkoC