Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P orders get free SC with referral, before Aug 1st without!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does make decision harder but is 1 sec faster and unlimited supercharging worth it. Was probably leaning towards non-P (or even MS 75D) because after tax incentive, different is 49k vs 61.5k. But that’s if car arrives in 2018, which the P gives a better shot if I order now (first day reservation holder but never ordered)...

I already really, really want the performance so this is an extra cherry on top. I do see rising electric costs as more people get electric so it could be worth it. The only question is how long I’ll want to keep my car. I see Teslas as phones where I want the latest update every year.

Well, thanks to OTA updates you can now get the latest updates even more frequently, and without having to change the vehicle. ;)

You mean like the new AP 3.0 hardware Tesla just announced yesterday? :rolleyes:

My comment was meant only half-serious. Why do you think I added the ;) ?

I was rather exaggerating the "fact" that is stated by many Tesla fans that the cars only get better over time thanks to OTA updates (many of which I would rather call "bugfixes" that other manufacturers just don't need because they instead deliver a finished product).

My comment was meant only half-serious. Why do you think I added the ;) ?

I was rather exaggerating the "fact" that is stated by many Tesla fans that the cars only get better over time thanks to OTA updates (many of which I would rather call "bugfixes" that other manufacturers just don't need because they instead deliver a finished product).

I would agree that generally, but it is a lot like having the most recent phone, but a few years ago, when changing every 2 years or so kept you in the latest and greatest. Hoping they have hardware upgrade paths, which I believe they will. Most likely would not personally add FSD to all 3 of my Teslas, but might add it to one of them.

I asked this a few posts up but didn’t get a response. I am toying with the idea of changing my AWD to a P and I originally reserved in 2016 and ordered in June. If I change to P will I get the free supercharging? It wouldn't really be fair if you didn’t because we never had the chance to use a referral code.

I asked this a few posts up but didn’t get a response. I am toying with the idea of changing my AWD to a P and I originally reserved in 2016 and ordered in June. If I change to P will I get the free supercharging? It wouldn't really be fair if you didn’t because we never had the chance to use a referral code.

If you upgrade (performance orders/upgrades after August 1st), from the referral link you will get free supercharging.

If you upgrade to the performance model (After August 1st) without the referral, some members have been successful having their adviser add the referral code afterwards, but this hasn't worked for everyone.