Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous upgrade Canadian pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems acceptable. Doubtful I would keep the car much longer than that anyway.

Wow. I'm already at just a hair under 100,000 km. 50k would only do me a bit over a year.

Speaking of...When you get a battery upgrade, will Tesla change out the badging on the car? And will the graphics in the displays reflect this change? It would be cool to have the world's first (only?) P90+.

When my car was delivered, Tesla weren't putting these badges on the car. The early models only had "Model S" on the back. At one of my later service visits, I asked if they'd put an "85" on my trunk lip and they did. I assume if you got a battery upgrade they would do this, but you might have to ask.

When I was looking at Inventory cars in Vancouver in August, I was interested in the P85D they had and the sales rep said I could upgrade to Ludicrous speed for 1/2 price of $12100.00 making it $6050.00. In the end, my wife and I ended up ordering an Ocean Metallic Blue S90D for her and I put a reservation for a Model X for myself next year.

Anybody in Canada get scheduled yet? At least some folks in the US have been upgraded as there are detailed reports on performance improvements. I haven't read the reports in detail but it seems like keeping the battery warm is required for good performance so that could be an issue in the next few months for us once we do get upgraded.

I inquired with the Vancouver service centre and they said most Canadians are holding off putting down the deposit until the Canadian service centres announce they can do the upgrades, im not sure how this is going to be announced but i'll be checking up early in the new year. It sounds like the upgrade is worth it and I wouldn't want to miss out on an upgrade IF it can be done in Canada preferably the Calgary service centre whenever it comes online.