Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost my SiriusXM categories after recent firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be able to see the various Sirius categories (Pop, Rock, Country, Sports, etc.) on the Radio screen, and be able to navigate between them. After downloading firmware update 2019.16.1.1, I only see a list of “Favorites” for AM, FM and SXM combined (i.e., no separate menu devoted to SXM). Was this by design, or is there a glitch in the update? Or a glitch in my 2015 Model S?

• Helpful
Reactions: Tesseract
Here are a couple of messages I received from Tesla Diagnostics Support regarding the issue (back in June):

"You do not have the "Stations" and "SXM" menu options that used to be there. I have tested quite a few cars and get varied results. Some cars have the ability to "Browse" and some don't, independent of firmware version. I'm going to try playing with databases on one and see what happens."

And then a follow-up several days later:

"We've identified the bug, and we are working on a fix. No ETA just yet, but know this will be resolved."

I lost XM when I bought my second S. Was sad to lose it but got used to tunein—it’s a pretty good alternative and sound quality is much higher. Just a thought.

Still have my sunroof though—they can pry that from my cold dead forehead.

I finally got tired of waiting for this problem to fix itself and filed a bug. I got this horrible response. Talk about passing the buck!

“This is a feature of SiriusXM. You will need to contact them to get more information about this change.”