Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for ideas on what to do next. Delivery rescheduled multiple times last 6 weeks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Constant delivery rescheduling - Is there something else we should do ?

Looking for advice here. We have a model y performance on order. It would be the 4th Tesla we have owned or leased so I understand the ups and downs of the order process.

Ordered early Nov 2021. Delivery scheduled for Dec 23rd which we couldn’t make since we were traveling internationally. Ended up back in the queue for a Feb 9 delivery. No issues with this.

Feb 8. Tesla: The car arrived. We need a week to repair something on the hood. Rescheduled to Feb 14.

Feb 13: Tesla: we didn’t get it fixed. We need a week and a half. Delivery rescheduled to March 9th.

Mar 8. Car came back from repair but now there is something wrong with the fender.
Delivery rescheduled to March 15.

Mar 14. Something is wrong with the fog lights. We need another week and a half to fix it. WTH !

Mar 21. Ghost. No updates. No response to texts or emails from Tesla.

Should I just request another VIN ? How do I not get thrown to the back of the queue if I do ?

Do I talk to Tesla main customer service ? The delivery center seem a bit incompetent. Between the calls from them all excited to prep you for delivery to a call a few hours later saying the car still has issues. They need to get their act together.

I’m open to suggestions on how best to move forward. Thanks.

This sounds terrible and I am sorry to hear that your in this situation.

Tomorrow will be six weeks by my calculations. I would refuse the VIN as it obviously has a lot of issues. I don't know that you will get put in the back of the queue, but even if you did that would be better than getting a car with a lot of issues. Maybe call Tesla first and see what they say.

Reactions: BGOwner