Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for EV chargers in the Fashion Valley San Diego area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are Blink chargers at the nearby hazard center next to the doubletree hotel. There's also a volta charging station at the neary ralph's close to hazard center as well. Both are J1772, and the one at Ralph's is actually free (but please don't abuse it, go shopping there or something at least).

Will do, thanks!

So is the consensus about avoiding Qualcomm that bad? Was thinking about stopping on the way into S.D.
The few times I headed down to SD from OC I found the Qualcomm Superchargers to be busy all the time. This past weekend I charged at San Clemente on the way down to SD to avoid worrying about charging in SD and found it was easier than going to the Qualcomm location (and had plenty of range to get back to San Clemente on the way back).

Reactions: Graffi
HHHMMMMM, I live in the I.E., so my route would be the 15S, in order to get to the S.C. station, I would have to go from the 71S>91W>5S, not to mention the S.C. station is only about 52 miles from me and Qualcomm is about 100 miles from me. AH, decisions, decisions!!! LoL

The Fashion Valley store location has a bunch of chargers for their test-drive cars in Garage B. I'm not sure if they let people charge there, doesn't hurt to ask.

There are also CHAdeMO and L2 chargers a couple places in the parking lot, check PlugShare for details on those.

HHHMMMMM, I live in the I.E., so my route would be the 15S, in order to get to the S.C. station, I would have to go from the 71S>91W>5S, not to mention the S.C. station is only about 52 miles from me and Qualcomm is about 100 miles from me. AH, decisions, decisions!!! LoL
In that case, charge early at the Temecula Supercharger while getting a coffee or lunch, and then charge on the way back as needed. Destination charging can be a hassle if the hotel charger is out of order or blocked, whereas it's much easier to plan with Superchargers.

Charge at home, then take a break at the Temecula SC while adding additional miles, then enjoy San Diego. On your way back you can again stop at Temecula for additional miles while taking a break.

I love the Costco Polish and vanilla yogurt, so I sometimes stop there to pick that up before going to the parking garage to plug in. You could walk back to Costco after you plug in but it would be a nice long walk.

If you do a lot of driving around the San Diego area and need additional miles before heading back to Temecula then check Plugshare for where to charge. If it were me I would avoid the San Diego Supercharger at Qualcomm, that is unless you just want to use it to add that station to your list of Superchargers visited.

The Fashion Valley store location has a bunch of chargers for their test-drive cars in Garage B. I'm not sure if they let people charge there, doesn't hurt to ask.

I did my test drive from the Fashion Valley location and I asked them about using their chargers. They said they would let a Tesla owner charge there, no problem. That was a year or so ago, but I suspect the same policy is in place...and, as you mentioned, no harm in the request.

All good info, thanks everyone!

Another twist to the plot, I may be traveling around 10pm to get there and possibly around the same time frame coming back. I did read on plugshare that at the Fashion valley location as long as you get permission to charge, you're good. I'm assuming that this is a destination charger and only available during business hours????

Are you passing by Temecula at all? Another option is to cancel your hotel and get a new reservation at one that has destination charging. Another option is to ask the front desk if there is even a 120v plug that you can plug into at night. Another option is to look for Chademo chargers.

Yes, I was planning on taking the 15s down, unfortunately my wife made the reservations without talking to me. My daughter has a gymnastics competition in S.D. and she picked the hotel because a few of her teammates are staying at the same hotel. The comp is at the S.D. convention center, I saw on plugshare that they have some L2 chargers there, anyone have any insight on these chargers?

It's about 100 miles from our house to the hotel, so I'm thinking about just shooting straight to the hotel (will be traveling after 10pm), sleep at the hotel, then in the morning get to the convention center and plug in at the L2 chargers at the c.c.

T.I,A.

Yes, I was planning on taking the 15s down, unfortunately my wife made the reservations without talking to me. My daughter has a gymnastics competition in S.D. and she picked the hotel because a few of her teammates are staying at the same hotel. The comp is at the S.D. convention center, I saw on plugshare that they have some L2 chargers there, anyone have any insight on these chargers?

It's about 100 miles from our house to the hotel, so I'm thinking about just shooting straight to the hotel (will be traveling after 10pm), sleep at the hotel, then in the morning get to the convention center and plug in at the L2 chargers at the c.c.

T.I,A.

Yeah, that should work. As a last resort, you can plug into the 120V receptacles they apparently have there too. You do have your Tesla 5-20 adapter, right? About 42% faster charge Than the supplied 5-15 adapter. Make sure to bring your J1772 adapter too.

@bakerboy, I still recommend that you stop at Temecula to get some charge on the Supercharger. Even 20 minutes will give you and your family time to go to the restroom and stretch a little. Also, the charge you get there will save you HOURS at the Level 2 charging stations (and the money they will charge you to use them). Then charge there again on your way home. It is a nice break in your driving.

@bakerboy, I still recommend that you stop at Temecula to get some charge on the Supercharger. Even 20 minutes will give you and your family time to go to the restroom and stretch a little. Also, the charge you get there will save you HOURS at the Level 2 charging stations (and the money they will charge you to use them). Then charge there again on your way home. It is a nice break in your driving.