Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has the air suspension; I like it a lot, and with 6.0 and above you have geo-referenced auto ride height adjustment, a Very Good Thing. But a recent loaner had the coil suspension and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed. So if you don't need ride height adjustment, it is a viable option.

I'd get the dual chargers. There are more places you will want to go than Superchargers will enable in the reasonable future and Tesla is implementing their destination charging program by giving away HPWC's to hotels and the like. When you're road-tripping and stop for an HPWC charge, being able to charge at 20kW means your midday charging stop is three or four hours rather than six or eight.

Last edited:
Seattle,
Great advice.. and really cool that you are going in for Tesla number 2! The dual charger option is interesting. Since it is unnecessary for supercharging, the only concern is if I need to charge it at home in 3 or 4 hours. I don't see that this would really be necessary, especially since it will take me about a week to drive 250 miles around town. Anyone see any other reason, besides it's cheaper now?
I also am wondering what folks have done with the service plans. Are they worth the extra money?

I have had my car almost 2 years. I bought the prepaid service plan when it used to be discounted, but decided to ask for a refund since I thought I'd never use it (and I got a refund). I want to buy the extended warranty plan, but its not offered in washington state. My thinking on the extended warranty plan was that its a new tech, so its less certain. For some obscure reason which I've never been able to get to the bottom of, they don't offer the extended warranty in our fair state. All my warranty work at Tesla has been free, because my car is less than 4 years old. So I don't know why you need the prepaid service plan - I haven't had to pay any service charges, but its been only 2 years.

On the dual charger option, I've only had a few times when I could have used it. It's just long term insurance to get it. It's not useful in your house, most times, because you can charge overnight. I actually only have 120v charging at my house. The double chargers are useful when you are on a trip, and want to charge as fast as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing about the warranty plans. They are connected to the car. If you buy the extended warranty or prepaid service plan, and you trade it in to Tesla, you can't carry it over to your next car. That's another reason I didn't get those prepaid plans.