Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

local focus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry, when I set up the Arizona group, there wasn't a private vs public option, but I probably would have opted to make it public anyway. I'm pleased that we have 6 of 9 AZ res holders in the group and are planning a meet up at the site of the new AZ store next month. Wish that we could do group email broadcasts to gp members, but respect the site's limitations. Doug's efforts to improve TMC are always appreciated!

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

When I posed the question I didn't know that Doug had a private feature that he could enable.

I've published my e-mail address to encourage club membership, but I draw the line at publishing my cell phone number. You don't have any reservations about having your information available to the public?

Regardless of how the organizers feel about their privacy, when trying to organize meetups, particularly at private residences, I'm sure that many of our club members would have problems publishing their address and contact information where anyone had access to it. The absence of this private feature would force our club to resort to multiple private e-mail communications. Having a private bulletin board should make things easier.

Yes, I've actively participated on other forums, but this is certainly the best moderated. I greatly appreciate Doug's efforts.

Larry

Yeah, I think it's an option when you create the group. There is a "test" category where you can try things out. But anything there will be deleted after a bit.

Hi Doug,

I setup a Florida Tesla Motors Club Group using the " Users must join to view the content" option along with the "Invite only" option. We verified that a TMC member that was not a member of the Group could not access the content. He received the message "this is a invite-only group".

Now, my only problem is how do I go about inviting members? I haven't seen that feature anywhere.

Thanks.

Larry

P.S. Sorry, I found it under what appeared to be greyed-out Admin tools.

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

I've published my e-mail address to encourage club membership, but I draw the line at publishing my cell phone number. You don't have any reservations about having your information available to the public?

I greatly appreciate Doug's efforts.

Larry
Having my cell phone listed has not ever been a problem and I think it's useful in attempting to rally the troops to connect in our regions. Maybe some day I'll get burned, but I've been impressed that telemarketers seem to be the only ones with little respect for privacy. and, I agree that Doug's efforts are amazing. I hope he has a life outside of TMC.