Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Search the web and you will find several people claiming the ebony has a green tint to them. There is a Corvette forum in particular where they discuss it. I went with black Luxe just in case, and even though it does not match the interior exactly, it looks perfectly fine. Same thing in my Audi, which has a dark grey carpet, the black looks perfectly fine. When I was at the Tesla dealer, the service guy took pictures of my mats because people keep asking for custom sets.

Thanks for the tip. FWIW the folks at automats.com are super cool. They are sending me a bunch of swatches, and even though the TM carpets are listed as no refunds, they'll let me exchange if I go with a different black. I'm hoping to hit up one of the few local guys who already have their cars to match color.

Thanks for the tip. FWIW the folks at automats.com are super cool. They are sending me a bunch of swatches, and even though the TM carpets are listed as no refunds, they'll let me exchange if I go with a different black. I'm hoping to hit up one of the few local guys who already have their cars to match color.

Thanks. Let us know which black is the closest match. Thanks.

i have a full set of lloyd's luxe mats in ebony if anyone can use them.

i need to order black.. i thought ebony would be a closer match to the seat color, but it's a touch on the dark grey side. anyone out there with grey interior looking for lloyd's mats? they fit very well, hi quality, the color would match nicely...

pm me.

thx.

Ebony is certainly more of a charcoal grey than black. I would have gone with the black to match the stock carpet better. The only advantage I can see would be that the pure black color will show dirt more. Other than wishing I had gone with a different color (although they do match my wheel color :smile:), I am very happy with the mats.

lloydsfloormats1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tranzndance
I have Lloyd Luxe mats in all my cars--they're great. I just ordered a black set for my model S (blue/grey interior), although I won't have the car for several months. They're on sale at autoanything.com--$169 shipped for front and rear mats. (Use code BLOWOUT or EDC1226P).

I have Lloyd Luxe mats in all my cars--they're great. I just ordered a black set for my model S (blue/grey interior), although I won't have the car for several months. They're on sale at autoanything.com--$169 shipped for front and rear mats. (Use code BLOWOUT or EDC1226P).
Ouch, I paid $199 for mine. After you get your car, if you find that you think you would like ebony better, I would be happy to swap with you (or we could meet up and you could decide what color looks better in your car).

Thank you for letting us know about the sale (and the Luxe recommendation)! I just placed my order for my yet to be delivered car.

Velourtex - They are great, would perhaps go Black instead of Ebony (these are Ebony). Did not do the frunk. Better than hard rubber to me - would rather trash these and replace as needed! They are soft, thick and durable-feeling. They REPLACE the existing mats except, of course, in the rear - where there are no mats. Maybe the backseat mat will be provided with the Version 4.2 firmware update :)
I believe the total cost was $270 - I did post the cost earlier...from MatMyCar.com. Excellent service. I see a perhaps better deal noted by eelton above.

Please note the pics look more gray than the mats do in person. They are much closer to black, as per the first photo. Still, one might prefer black. How much more black could a mat be? The answer is, None. None more black. Let me explain (link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqAamL9xls

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
To confirm what others have said...I currently have Lloyd Luxe mats in two Audis, one black (the mats) and one ebony. The black is inky, deepest black, while the ebony appear to be a very dark greenish gray. I went with the black when I ordered mats for my yet-to-be Tesla.