Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease mileage forgiveness?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No experience with Tesla lease, but highly doubt that Tesla gives a sh** ... You can't even upgrade the option of your car after it is confirmed without incurring a $500 change fee. I can't picture Tesla will ever say 'overages are irrelevant' even if you are going to lease 5 more Model X next time ...

The difference with BMW is you are probably leasing from BMW's captive leading arm, so they are willing to be flexible if it means you buy another car from them, but in general, leasing companies are not particularly forgiving as they are expecting a certain residual value when they get the car back and excess mileage reduces that.

• Helpful
Reactions: roopesh
Does anyone have any experience with Tesla leasing and their policy towards mileage overages? In the past, BMW has always told me if you lease another BMW, overages are irrelevant. Does Tesla have a similar policy?

I don't know but expect it will depend on the competitive environment for Tesla 36 months from now. One thing I did notice when reading my lease contract is you can extend it for a max. of 6 months just like the now-obsolete Benz ICE's I used to lease from their captive leasing operation. Their dealers are very aggressive trying to get you into a new vehicle early. Their mailers start arriving a year(!) before your lease is up (early turn-in if you replace with another Benz, no disposition fee or mileage overage fees, etc.) followed soon thereafter by periodic phone calls in some cases from the local dealer.

The least Tesla should do IMHO is waive their $395 disposition and $695 acquisition fees ($1,090) if you replace with another Tesla.