Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a weird delivery event, it's almost as if they want people not to buy this truck. Looks like they are offering a range extender, ability to power your home, locking diff on the beast, lighter. Etc. Etc. Etc.

There was no talk about efficiency, range. It was just weird. Tesla still thinks it's a start up, Elon probably needs to step down from these events. I noticed the Semi Delivery dude that was given all kinds of tech specs wasn't there this time, wonder why.

Yeah, you knew it was going to be a doozy when Elon said, "let's redo the steel ball thing" - than Franz pulled out a light cow skinned baseball and lobbed it at the glass! Any car would take that, any! 🤣 :rolleyes: 😖 o_O

Do they really think people would buy that as a valid redo?! Well, I guess the "rose-colored Elon glass wearers," might... That move was just dumb. They should not have even mentioned the glass or that event from four years ago!

The current incentives on the Lightning are really good. I can see Ford picking up some sales from those who were sitting on the fence waiting for this release.
yeah... if you want a EV truck with decent range.... ~$70k for the AWD F150 Lightning with 320 miles range (same 0-60 as the AWD Cybertruck) and desirable Lariat trim with BlueCruise, moonroof etc isn't bad at all...

Winner winner chicken dinner
These will sell like hotcakes in base model form
and rebates at that price
I tend to agree A year comes pretty quick and with rebates it fits into most buyers sweet spots. A pure truck person may not purchase but many SUV buyers and others will jump on ship is my take. It took me almost an hour and a half to get through the Line at Tesla store to see the truck. In the meantime, it seemed that many customers were getting very interested in model Y -3 and model X vehicles. This was a great marketing move by Tesla. I will say this the truck looks much better in person. It’s actually quite polarizing and I’m not really a truck person. I find them all quite ugly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
I tend to agree A year comes pretty quick and with rebates it fits into most buyers sweet spots. A pure truck person may not purchase but many SUV buyers and others will jump on ship is my take. It took me almost an hour and a half to get through the Line at Tesla store to see the truck. In the meantime, it seemed that many customers were getting very interested in model Y -3 and model X vehicles. This was a great marketing move by Tesla. I will say this the truck looks much better in person. It’s actually quite polarizing.
Until they realize how tight the rear seating is - headroom wise. A Model X (or even the Rivian R1S) has more, I recall....

I suppose they could increase it in the future
They probably will, even with 4680 cells.
What are the chances those of us who reserved at $100 get the original price?
I’m assuming it’s a given! Including the FSD price locked in.
There was no talk about efficiency, range.
0.335 Cd I think was it. Higher than Rivian (sad - should have made if better).

What people are failing to account for is the revenue from the Tesla Network for the people who have locked in their FSD price with their reservation.

Reactions: TessP100D
I guess Lightening it is if you only care about the spec. The design language is really not on the same league.

What league is that? You really think the design of this thing is beautiful or its going to change Truck Design?

Well I canceled, good luck to all. The truck is a beast when you see it in person, hopefully it works out for you. Back to my poor mans Model 3 lol

Image 11-30-23 at 1.51 PM.jpeg

They probably will, even with 4680 cells.

I’m assuming it’s a given! Including the FSD price locked in.

0.335 Cd I think was it. Higher than Rivian (sad - should have made if better).

What people are failing to account for is the revenue from the Tesla Network for the people who have locked in their FSD price with their reservation.
The initial prices aren't locked, only the FSD.