Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...This is why I don’t think Tesla will release any tri-motor vehicle for less than the current priced $108k Plaid S/X. ...
You are neglecting the fact that they already announced the CT tri motor in 2019 at 70k. The rest of the fleet have prices today within ~10k of 2019 prices so adding 38k to the price would just be a ridiculous outlier. You can think all you want but they already showed that they intend to do just that.

Reactions: Buckminster
While we are speculating, I wanted to throw this out regarding the tri-motor and comparing the cost to the S/X Plaid. The tri-motor CT does not have to use the expensive carbon-sleeved Plaid motors. They could build a tri-motor CT with the regular/cheaper motors which would decrease the cost compared to an S/X Plaid.

True, it doesn't have to. The high RPM capability allows a higher gear reduction which increases at the wheel torque for a given rotor current which is advantageous in a truck that tows things which is why Semi uses them. However, Cybertruck GCWR is about a fourth of the Semi and wheels are smaller, so less torque needed. On the other hand, Cybertruck has a higher top speed and faster acceleration requirements, so it could go either way.

My Tundra was just over 18 feet long. 2002 Tundra Limited bed was just over 6 feet long. It seems that the Cybertruck will have close to the same dimensions as a first gen Toyota Tundra.
This?

1693268545745.jpeg

You are neglecting the fact that they already announced the CT tri motor in 2019 at 70k. The rest of the fleet have prices today within ~10k of 2019 prices so adding 38k to the price would just be a ridiculous outlier. You can think all you want but they already showed that they intend to do just that.
Right.. and they said we’d have full FSD every 2-weeks. Nothing they say should be taken as absolute fact. If anything, I would approach every Tesla announcement with an extra grain of salt. Model 3 was supposed to launch back in 2017 @ $35k, that didn’t happen. Elon keeps saying “full autonomy by the end of the year!”. Same with 4680’s - where the heck are they? Only the SR Texas built MY has them. Lol, the S/X are still using 18650 cells! Let’s talk about Tesla’s claims about Tesla Vision… it’s nowhere near the level of performance that they said it would be.

All of this, and you still believe that a 4 year old announcement price is going to hold?

Just trying to save you from disappointment. I’m not trying to talk trash. I get sad for others when they maintain so much hope for this company. It’s unrealistic at this point. Expect less, get surprised more. Expect more, get disappointed.