Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go!

Received my configure email for S#945 some time ago, back on June 15, but decided to "Get Amped" first. Good move, wife was impressed enough to let me crank it up a notch (to performance!).

Signed and mailed back my configuration this morning:

Sig Red, Performance, Tan+CF, Pano Roof, 21" silver wheels, HPC . Final price including taxes $119,140 (ouch, ouch, ouch!)

Tesla CR hinted at october for delivery, later than expected (I was hoping for September), but my home renovation will be done by then and I'll have a place to park it. I don't think they really know yet, as it depends on manufacturing ramp.

/Mitch.

Wondering if there will be more invites to configure this week, be they Sig stragglers, Rs or Ps (hoping for Ps, given I'm a low P).

I have a feeling there will be a hiatus, of a couple of weeks, in "Finalize you order" emails. I think they are going to get back a full run of signed paperwork for signatures before they start on the production models.

I have nothing to back this up, other than the fact they have a couple of months of production lined out, they need 1000 signatures, and it is what I would do.

Last edited:
I have a feeling there will be a hiatus, of a couple of weeks, in "Finalize you order" emails. I think they are going to get back a full run of signed paperwork for signatures before they start on the production models.

I have nothing to back this up, other than the fact they have a couple of months of production lined out, they need 1000 signatures, and it is what I would do.

And they're trying to get the online ordering system figured out. It was supposed to have gone live already but I guess that they're still working on it. I'm thinking that they want to free up the people who are doing all the paperwork for other tasks.

And they're trying to get the online ordering system figured out. It was supposed to have gone live already but I guess that they're still working on it. I'm thinking that they want to free up the people who are doing all the paperwork for other tasks.

And I think it's well worth the wait for them to get it right. For some reason online car ordering seems to be a monumentally difficult thing to accomplish as shown by the Leaf and Plug-in Prius experiences--neither of which went smoothly. IMO, mostly b/c instead of a nice simple "click on what you want and here's the price" interface they all had to have some garish graphic laden monstrosity that looks fancy.

And I haven't heard them change tunes about the first 1200 cars being "North American Signatures". So I assume part of the wait, in addition to catching up with paperwork, is finalizing Canadian pricing (maybe waiting for Transport Canada to finish with red tape?). Then once the Canadian Signatures are done, US R and P would follow shortly. In other words, Tesla, I expect to be in the next batch of "Finalize Your Order" emails! :)

I agree with you. If you can't deliver someone's car for 3 months why ask them to lock in now? Only reason I could think of why Tesla would continue to send out emails to Production reservation holders would be if they wanted an early read on what colors and options would be in highest demand in order to stock those paint colors, et cetera.

Last edited: