Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and called to finalize after reserving on Friday.

I'm so excited. :biggrin: I've been frugal my whole life and have never let myself make this kind of purchase. I've always scrimped and saved - worn my jeans until they were falling apart, picked the generic brand at the grocery store, driven to the other side of an intersection to save 1c/gal on gas - but the Model S absolutely blows me away. It was love at first sight six weeks ago and Friday's test drive was incredible. There's no way I could do the "correct" thing and go haggle over a three-year-old Camry after experiencing what this vehicle has to offer.

I can hardly wait.

----
60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD

Just think of the money you won't be spending on gas now...

I would not call myself frugal, but I do live in a small, old house (just two of us so...), and that allows me to have other luxuries I wouldn't be able to afford with a fat mortgage. It comes down to priorities.

Congratulations, you are literally in for the ride of your life!

Alrighty folks, I'm about to make the phone call and finalize. Made the reservation on Tuesday and I can't wait any longer. I agonized over color choices and finally realized there's no such thing as the wrong color. I'm getting a red one! This is going to be the best mid-life crisis EVER!

Alrighty folks, I'm about to make the phone call and finalize. Made the reservation on Tuesday and I can't wait any longer. I agonized over color choices and finally realized there's no such thing as the wrong color. I'm getting a red one! This is going to be the best mid-life crisis EVER!

Congrats! Red looks amazing but you are right, no bad color choices. Why limit yourself to only one midlife crisis though?:)

And done! Just got the "Ready to build your Model S" email. Let the insomnia begin!

Also got an insurance quote, did NOT want to do that until after it was too late to back out. I'm pleased to report the MS will only be $30/mo more than what I was paying for a 2006 CLK, and I've been very happy with my rates. Consider this a shameless plug for Geico.

Reserved March 3rd after my first test drive, pulled the trigger yesterday. Hemmed and hawed. Was a close call with the A6/S6 and will miss some of the features that car has (HUD, cooled seats, cameras everywhere), but opting to drive the future. I work in digital and have highlighted the car/brand in presentations to our board of directors about the proliferation of technology, rebooting of the concept of the product adoption model (products can now actually get better with age, like Tesla and Nest as new features are added via software) and the convergence of telematics, digital interfaces and the automobile. Figure it's fitting that I would be the first one to park an electric car in 'Executive Row'. So I put my money (so so much money yikes!) where my mouth is.

Had some crappy experiences at Newport Tesla but had an awesome experience with Tesla corporate (who just happened to call the day I planned to cancel my deposit after the bad experience in Newport Beach) and he has been rock star awesome. Got my email yesterday, my VIN today and my delivery date of 3 days ago. Hmm, prolly a bug but I am sure that will be worked out.

Car is a 60 kwh Gray over gray with Lacewood, tech, pano, sound, air, parcel shelf, supercharging. Plan to do a factory delivery and drive back home to LA if all works out with my then to be 8 month pregnant lady-friend.

Cheers to the future. Anyone want a BMW 335i M-Sport with a 6-speed? I'll make ya a great deal. ;)

I stopped by the Dania Beach SC today and they are saying a tentative delivery date of July 8th, a week today. The car is in Freemont, CA right now and it takes 4-5 days to ship it to FL then a day to check it over and detail it so Monday is the earliest likely date. I haven't even had the final invoice yet! Tesla employees are working near enough 7 days a week and the service manager Chris was telling me they have a lot of deliveries going on at the moment. Assuming I don't have to disappear anywhere next week, the MS should be sitting in my garage by this time next week :smile:

Finally completed my order. I'm VIN 16472. Can't wait.

What options did you order?

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped by the Dania Beach SC today and they are saying a tentative delivery date of July 8th, a week today. The car is in Freemont, CA right now and it takes 4-5 days to ship it to FL then a day to check it over and detail it so Monday is the earliest likely date. I haven't even had the final invoice yet! Tesla employees are working near enough 7 days a week and the service manager Chris was telling me they have a lot of deliveries going on at the moment. Assuming I don't have to disappear anywhere next week, the MS should be sitting in my garage by this time next week :smile:

Congrats! What made you decide against a performance model?

Congrats! What made you decide against a performance model?

Hi Hussain,

The extra $15k for a 1 second 0-60 advantage and having active air suspension means more moving parts so more to go wrong long term. I decided against the Pano roof in the end largely because in FL it might turn out to be a liability with the extra heat developed and potential problems with it later on (leaking etc). I've had sunroofs before and found down here in FL I rarely used them open.