Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kr*st*n P*g*t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok you're right. I live in a bubble and I'm also an internet troll. Actually , what best may describe me is a photo of my insights personality profile thinge:

7e6c4ce6610a4940466a3f2dbd538834.jpg

Top down of course. But I bet you could guess that.

Cheers from a red-yellow-blue-green!

This entire thread makes me uncomfortable. Not just the discussion of gender, but hypothesizing on skill set, compensation, and reason for changing jobs. I don't think any of us would want strangers making random guess about us and then discussing this on a public forum.

This maybe a forum to discuss TM, but does that mean if you go work there you give up all right to privacy? I have friends that work at TM and others considering it, (though maybe not that high on the food chain). I would like to think that discussing their compensation and/or career motivators, and more significantly private issues such as gender identification would not suddenly become a new thread on this forum, just because they chose to work for a company that arguably makes the world's coolest cars.

I don't meant to offend, and I am certainly not implying anyone here has any malicious intent, I am just hoping we can be more mindful of how gossip and speculation effect others.

Kr*st*n P*g*t

Not willing to knowingly supply trading bots with fodder, so am starting this thread with a modestly cryptic title and am placing it Off Topic....​

What I'm curious about is this paranoid comment. Really, you think there are trading bots out there looking for this person's name w/r/t to Tesla, where she is NO LONGER EMPLOYED, and one single thread on a car enthusiast forum (in the "off topic" area) is going to do what exactly to the trading bots? Start a buying frenzy? A massive selloff? Just because people are talking about someone at Kristin's level?

El*n M*sk, MAYBE, but Kristin Paget?

Inconceivable.

This entire thread makes me uncomfortable. Not just the discussion of gender, but hypothesizing on skill set, compensation, and reason for changing jobs. I don't think any of us would want strangers making random guess about us and then discussing this on a public forum.

This maybe a forum to discuss TM, but does that mean if you go work there you give up all right to privacy? I have friends that work at TM and others considering it, (though maybe not that high on the food chain). I would like to think that discussing their compensation and/or career motivators, and more significantly private issues such as gender identification would not suddenly become a new thread on this forum, just because they chose to work for a company that arguably makes the world's coolest cars.

I don't meant to offend, and I am certainly not implying anyone here has any malicious intent, I am just hoping we can be more mindful of how gossip and speculation effect others.

100% agree. I've been more than slightly appalled by the gossip-mongering in this thread. Sorry if that offends any of you and this is not pointed towards anyone in particular.

But ... really? Some things really are none of our business.

Regarding the gender thing. I had no idea before today but a few seconds googling her name took me to her blog where she openly discusses her marriage and hormone therapy and how the two interact in the middle of some interesting posts about OS security.

Kristin Pagets Blog

I can't imagine why she would document it so openly if there were any issue having it known or discussed. I skimmed past the personal details to look for more technical posts but she apparently is willing to share both.

I can't imagine why she would document it so openly if there were any issue having it known or discussed. I skimmed past the personal details to look for more technical posts but she apparently is willing to share both.

Here's my distaste over the whole thing: When Kristen writes a blog, she is part of the discussion. This thread started as a discussion about the security breach and perhaps her part in it (which also bothers me, since we could hurt someone's rep this way). And then it just turned into a gossip session.

Could someone help me understand why Kristen's private parts have ANY relevance whatsoever on Tesla, security, electric vehicles, etc?

If you want to have a discussion about transgender issues, we have an off-topic section of the forum for just that. But as part of a discussion on Tesla Motors? I hope no one seriously tries to defend this discussion as important to understanding anything about Tesla.

And I'm grumbling to myself about all the potshots at women being gossips. I've marked this thread so I can link back to it whenever I see those comments in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

And fyi, I applaud her for living her life in the open. I suspect that she chose to write about it, rather than have others who knew write about it and put a spin on it that she might not be comfortable with. And if that is the case, it's a sorry state we've reached.

Here's my distaste over the whole thing: When Kristen writes a blog, she is part of the discussion. This thread started as a discussion about the security breach and perhaps her part in it (which also bothers me, since we could hurt someone's rep this way). And then it just turned into a gossip session.

I suggest you reread the original post that started this thread. All it said was that Kristen no longer worked for Tesla and asked for more information. No mention of a security breach. No mention of the persons personal information. Maybe someone or several someones pulled the thread in another direction but I think you are being unfair to the OP by blaming him.

Maybe you are using the term "thread" to mean the thread of conversation but this isn't a "threaded" messing system so any and all posts in a thread here can have no relation to each other or overlapping relations to all prior messages.

I suggest you reread the original post that started this thread. All it said was that Kristen no longer worked for Tesla and asked for more information. No mention of a security breach. No mention of the persons personal information. Maybe someone or several someones pulled the thread in another direction but I think you are being unfair to the OP by blaming him.

Maybe you are using the term "thread" to mean the thread of conversation but this isn't a "threaded" messing system so any and all posts in a thread here can have no relation to each other or overlapping relations to all prior messages.

I am using the term 'thread' to mean this entire discussion. 'Thread' is used throughout this forum to describe a discussion following a new post. It's also used to identify what 'new discussions' a person has started. (shot is from profile page). Technically you're correct. You've got a lot of people to correct. ... get busy! :)

find latest started threads.png

No where did I blame the OP. Nor did I *blame* anyone. I am dismayed by the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

And I referred to how the thread got off track. Suggest you reread MY post.

No where did I blame the OP.

You specifically said

This thread started as a discussion about the security breach

That I disagree with.

The thread started with a simple post from a user saying She no longer worked for Tesla, does anyone know more? the exact post was

Not willing to knowingly supply trading bots with fodder, so am starting this thread with a modestly cryptic title and am placing it Off Topic....

am on the road now; 1,800 miles into the 3,800 back to work, and hauling 25,500 pounds, so it's a slow slog. But I did notice that the above-mentioned person's twitterfeed shows she no longer is employed by TM.

Has anyone any insight into this?

If you don't agree that is a tone neutral question about a person leaving a company maybe I should just ignore your posts in this thread.

You specifically said

That I disagree with.

The thread started with a simple post from a user saying She no longer worked for Tesla, does anyone know more? the exact post was

If you don't agree that is a tone neutral question about a person leaving a company maybe I should just ignore your posts in this thread.

Fine. I think even Audubon would agree that he posted this question regarding Kristin because of the recent security breach. I fail to see where I blamed him for anything.

If you don't see that my comments were not directed towards Audubon, then you probably should just ignore my posts in this thread. My comments were specifically directed at folks discussing gender change issues, etc.

And I'm not going to engage further on this. Silly conversation. My intent was clear to most. Appears you're choosing to parse it a different way.

My $0.02 is that Kristen has made her life public through her own actions and so by definition has invited public comment/discussion. This is the social media world we now live in. She also posted publicly her job change and so she has put that into the public domain and people are free to discuss it. If you want something to be private don't post it in public.

any why is it different (and OK) for us to discuss the details of the departure of George Blankenship (or any other Tesla Exec) and not Kristin?

One difference might be that he retired (quite well off), she has not. Any hints, suggestions, direct accusations, whathaveyou of somehow being responsible for a company security breach (yep, there were a couple who did just that) could therefore have an affect on future jobs as could gender discussions - because even though *we* like to think of ourselves as more open to possibilities, there are many who are not, and yes, I realize she made it public but that's hardly the point and everyone knows that.

One difference might be that he retired (quite well off), she has not. Any hints, suggestions, direct accusations, whathaveyou of somehow being responsible for a company security breach (yep, there were a couple who did just that) could therefore have an affect on future jobs as could gender discussions - because even though *we* like to think of ourselves as more open to possibilities, there are many who are not, and yes, I realize she made it public but that's hardly the point and everyone knows that.

but people seemed to object to the whole idea of the thread and not just the few that derailed it by unfounded speculations ... but even in the George leaving discussions there were bad speculations laid out but nobody seemed to be bothered by that as much they do here. and at that time it was not immediately clear where he was going so the point that our discussions could influence any future career moves seems to be stretching it a bit.

Formerly known as Chris. She is a he. Or he is a she. Perspective I guess. I thought it was a guy when I saw a photo once but I guess he changed his gender recently.

If you care what she thinks, you should use she. It's a sensitive topic.

Anyway, she's considered talented and Tesla works people hard and apparently isn't a great payer _outside of stock options_, so maybe she decided on a new challenge, more money and fewer hours.

Or maybe she just fixed all the security holes in Tesla's CRM system and now has moved onto Salesforce.

My $0.02 is that Kristen has made her life public through her own actions and so by definition has invited public comment/discussion. This is the social media world we now live in.

I would disagree with this strongly. The fact that someone posts a comment about their wife does not make it appropriate that we comment on her appearance or their relationship. The fact that someone posts publicly that they are gay doesn't make it a suitable subject of conversation on a car forum every time they are mentioned. Similarly, a public acknowledgment by Kristin on her blog that she is transsexual does not make it a suitable topic everywhere. Obviously, some people have a different opinion but I join with Bonnie in thinking that the speculation and gossip about her sexual identity is inappropriate at best.

Conversation about her departure from the company and how it might affect Tesla's direction going forward is perfectly appropriate, snarky comments professing confusion about the appropriate pronouns or making sure everyone knows that she used to use a differently gendered first name are very much not.