Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kind of got screwed by my Electrician. Need Advice...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like they are making it right. Since the owner is that concerned, maybe he'll go back and check the work of the installer that worked on your place to see if he did other work like that. Could suggest that to him. Good resolution I think.

I mentioned that, and he told me that my job was the first Tesla job Mike had done. There won't be a second one.

Break bread with them and call it good. Glad it is getting worked out!

My gut feeling is that they are probably much better than my job would indicate. You sure can't fault the owner, he clearly has high standards. He's already said that only Reuben will do Tesla installs from here on out. I think I'm gonna let it go. I am going to speak to the guy who recommend them to me and let him know what happened. Maybe tell him to make sure to have people request Reuben to do the work if they go with that company.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great barey! Sounds like a good company and should post who they are after they are completed, as I'd use them if I were in your area (based upon how quickly they solved this issue).

I will. I'm cautiously optimistic. If the job goes well I'll post some pics of the fixes.

Last edited:
Hey Bareyb,

I'm looking for a electrican in the Bay Area for a 240V plug plus assessing 100amps for the High Power Home Charging. Could you PM me and let me know which electrican you went with? I have an appointment with BR Electric out of Danville. Their Yelp reviews look great but wanted to know if this is the company that you contacted.

Thanks.

Give the owner and his crew a beer. I don't think you could ask for better customer service.
+1. Mistakes can and will be made, but it's how they correct those issues that show the true nature of a company. Sounds like they are doing everything in their power to make it right and keep it from happening again. I wouldn't hesitate to use/recommend this type of company in the future.

Hey Bareyb,

I'm looking for a electrican in the Bay Area for a 240V plug plus assessing 100amps for the High Power Home Charging. Could you PM me and let me know which electrican you went with? I have an appointment with BR Electric out of Danville. Their Yelp reviews look great but wanted to know if this is the company that you contacted.

Thanks.

I got two quotes (in Danville). The lower of the two also seemed to be better. He just gave me more confidence that he knew what he was doing - He's done over 50 installations in the area.

For my house, it's a fairly simple job going 20 feet from fuse box in laundry room to garage. His price was $800 - not great, but not bad based on what I've read here. The other guy asked $1200! If you find that BR Electric or BaryeyB's reference can do better, please let me know and I will use them as well. Thanks!

Here is the contact info for the guy who gave me the estimate above: Paul Nijssen, [email protected]

Good luck.

Barey also let us know how things turned out....

I couldn't be happier. When they did the work, they had to update my panel and in doing so had to open up the sheetrock quite a bit. I was expecting to have to fix that myself, but he had his sheetrock guy do it for me since he was already there. He did a really nice job too. I'm a true believer now, and in fact, I just recommended them to someone.

My garage is all painted (I went ahead and painted the whole thing while I was at it) and I firmed up the sale of my current vehicle today. All I need now is my Tesla. It will likely go into production tomorrow, so if they are going to bump me, it's going to happen pretty soon. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 8 days and counting...

I couldn't be happier. When they did the work, they had to update my panel and in doing so had to open up the sheetrock quite a bit. I was expecting to have to fix that myself, but he had his sheetrock guy do it for me since he was already there. He did a really nice job too. I'm a true believer now, and in fact, I just recommended them to someone.

My garage is all painted (I went ahead and painted the whole thing while I was at it) and I firmed up the sale of my current vehicle today. All I need now is my Tesla. It will likely go into production tomorrow, so if they are going to bump me, it's going to happen pretty soon. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 8 days and counting...

Really sounds like this electrician went above and beyond to make things right and then some. I think you'd be lucky to find this level of customer service with someone else assuming the final work is up to par.