Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbside pole-mounted chargers are now a thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVX / Ausgrid are proposing 9 more sites in City of Sydney

These are now showing on the EVX website locator as 'Coming Soon' - Chargers Locations - EVX

As such, they've all been added to PlugShare now.

This was posted in one of the Tesla Facebook groups in the last few days, they haven't said where/which site exactly it was though.
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 12.16.15.png

Reactions: Vostok
I suspect it will be the same signage as EVX in Glebe as both are City of Sydney. Check out the Plugshare photos for the Glebe one.
that’s really why I’m wondering
the existing Newtown space is ½ hour parking, while the Glebe space is ‘4 hours while charging’
parking in Newtown is a big issue, so I don’t see 4 hours being a goer in this location

the existing Newtown space is ½ hour parking, while the Glebe space is ‘4 hours while charging’
parking in Newtown is a big issue, so I don’t see 4 hours being a goer in this location

The adjacent non-EV spaces in Glebe are 2 hour ticket parking during the day and 4 hours at night. With 11 kW charging (very few EVs can do the 22 kW that EVX does) anything less than 2 hours is not great. 2 hours is enough to get ~150 km at 11kW and ~100 km at 7 kW. I would hope the Newtown spots are at least 2 hours.

The adjacent non-EV spaces in Glebe are 2 hour ticket parking during the day and 4 hours at night. With 11 kW charging (very few EVs can do the 22 kW that EVX does) anything less than 2 hours is not great. 2 hours is enough to get ~150 km at 11kW and ~100 km at 7 kW. I would hope the Newtown spots are at least 2 hours.
two hours is the usual street parking restriction in Newtown, including parts of Brown St
this close to King St they’re mostly ½ hour spaces

the Newtown one is still wrapped in plastic as of this morning
also no change to the signage, though ½-hour parking is a good idea - they need to restrict it to charging only

It’s likely that it’s still wrapped in plastic precisely because they are waiting for the signage to be changed by Sydney City Council, as well has having the pavement marked.

Reactions: schnaxxl
Someone has just attempted to check-in at Newtown but posted that both spots were ICEd. However he uploaded 2 photos, one showing the updated parking signs. Same as Glebe - can park for 4 hours while charging 8am-8pm, no restriction outside of that.

Looks like Sydney City need to get the crew down there to paint the spaces as per Glebe.

Someone has just attempted to check-in at Newtown but posted that both spots were ICEd. However he uploaded 2 photos, one showing the updated parking signs. Same as Glebe - can park for 4 hours while charging 8am-8pm, no restriction outside of that.

Looks like Sydney City need to get the crew down there to paint the spaces as per Glebe.
Haha that was me that just uploaded the photo of the parking hours. Yes, hopefully the road is painted accordingly.

IMG_4578.jpeg