Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Tesla!...

I took receipt of my new 75D less than a week ago, and after reading this thread was anxiously awaiting the camper mode/AEB update. When I was tooling around in the menus last night I found the drawing Easter egg and a publish button, so I wrote them a nice note requesting an update be sent to me (with a nice picture of course) and promptly hit the publish button. Less than 24 hours later I'm receiving 2017.42.1 94435ee. Now I have all those features I was waiting for... I really think they are reading those! :)

I love Tesla!...

I took receipt of my new 75D less than a week ago, and after reading this thread was anxiously awaiting the camper mode/AEB update. When I was tooling around in the menus last night I found the drawing Easter egg and a publish button, so I wrote them a nice note requesting an update be sent to me (with a nice picture of course) and promptly hit the publish button. Less than 24 hours later I'm receiving 2017.42.1 94435ee. Now I have all those features I was waiting for... I really think they are reading those! :)
All you have to do as ask...

I love Tesla!...

I do have to say that’s one I’ve not tried. :D

Got a stuck GPS issue on 2017.42.1. Not sure if this is h/w or s/w related. My GPS location is stuck at my kids school where I parked for a bit to pick up the kids. I had a stuck GPS issue prior to this as well about 2 weeks ago that resolved by itself.

I love Tesla!...

Ha! I have to try it next time!

Finally received the update, too. I should sleep in the car tonight just to test the camper mode :D

2017.42 has fixed my Homelink issues. Works great now!!! AP seems about the same.
Me too! No more HomeLink failures under
2017.42 a88c 8d5
MS 90D AP2 with Air Suspension
Although I only use it to open (100ft away upon arrival)
My garage door is programmed automatically close a few minutes after it opens.
So if my Model S automatically opened it when departing, there is a possibility it might close again while exiting if I delayed pulling out for any number of reasons including setting a nav destination, finishing or starting a phone conversation, selecting music...

Got 2017.42 a88c 8d5 today as well. No more HomeLink issues, and AP2 seemed slightly smoother and more stable in the lane, but still disconnected at the same points along my route as it always has (those are definitely improvement markers for me). TACC, Auto lane change seem the same (which is very good at this point to me). So, it looks like small steps forward, without any step back this time -
Yippee !!!

Just wish they could interface the ultrasonic system warnings with the cameras for AP2, so it would work better in CA carpool lanes with tall median walls, instead of always trying to "center" when there isn't much space to one side....someday, maybe...

Reactions: CameronB
Just wish they could interface the ultrasonic system warnings with the cameras for AP2, so it would work better in CA carpool lanes with tall median walls, instead of always trying to "center" when there isn't much space to one side....someday, maybe...

One of my biggest "pet pieves" with the performance is running too close to barriers. It is probably fine, but I would prefer a bias a little further away.

Reactions: CameronB
IMG_5217.JPG Wahoo....XM categories now available. First time since taking ownership in may 2015.

Both of our Teslas got 2017.42 last night. Interesting that they have both received the last two updates on the same days. At 49 days, this was the second longest wait for an update since December 2016.

We were on 2017.34 for the past 7 weeks so we never had any Homelink or air suspension issues. I work from home today so no experience with the changes yet but we'll take them out for a test drive this afternoon.

Based on the TeslaFi samples, it would appear that 2017.42 is the current main release for AP2 and below cars. There is a limited 2017.42.1 release that appears to be targeted for current AP2.5 and some newer AP2 cars. It is possible those AP2 cars targeted by the 2017.42.1 update were transition cars, with a mix of options, but require the 2017.42.1 update due to SAS or Steering assist bugs.

These updates have been rolling out for the last 3 days so unless some new bug surfaces, it's reasonable to assume most folks will eventually get it.

Got a stuck GPS issue on 2017.42.1. Not sure if this is h/w or s/w related. My GPS location is stuck at my kids school where I parked for a bit to pick up the kids. I had a stuck GPS issue prior to this as well about 2 weeks ago that resolved by itself.
Very strange. While reading your post I thought I wrote it because that exact thing happened to me. Did your GPS fix itself this time?

Anyway, I had an error that said it did not update as well as the GPS stuck issue. So, called them and they transferred me around. The third person sent a command to my car to reset the GPS. Others only said reboot. She also said she would have someone review my firmware from engineering but I never heard back. My guess is the error is a false error since it is showing I am on 42.1.