Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my first Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone I just got my first electric ⚡️ car. 🚙 any sticky threads out there I should read to get familiar with the maintenance on these? I have a 2023 Model 3 Performance. Do you guys also have windows letting air in and the door letting cold air in underneath the door speakers? What are some of the common issues that you have experienced.
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0870.png

Reactions: Tiger
The main issues I've had with my 2023 model 3 is cameras not working and absolutely everything inside the car rattled. So I took apart the b pillar, all 4 doors, the hood, to quieten the thing up. Still need to move on to the trunk.
I bought my M3 in April of 2023, and have had none of these issues. Some wind noise at the passenger side window at higher speeds, but that's about it.
I guess I got lucky.

To the OP - hopefully you bought the car because it doesn't need hardly any maintenance. Rotate tires, that's about it.
BTW, where is Nee York?

To the OP - hopefully you bought the car because it doesn't need hardly any maintenance. Rotate tires, that's about it.
BTW, where is Nee York?
I'm going to correct this and hopefully he didn't buy the car because he thought it doesn't need a lot of maintenance. The service centers all around the bay area are always packed, and I can't imagine they are busy as hell because the car doesn't need maintenance. I've found both my teslas unreliable because there's just too much technology in them, and something always goes wrong with them

My friend talked me into it. I had to get rid of an 11 year old vehicle with 50K miles on it. This seemed like a great idea, I am going to keep an ICE car as a spare for where I need to go on a longer trip and not need to worry about losing a charge.

Reactions: Videomatic3
I bought my M3 in April of 2023, and have had none of these issues. Some wind noise at the passenger side window at higher speeds, but that's about it.
I guess I got lucky.

To the OP - hopefully you bought the car because it doesn't need hardly any maintenance. Rotate tires, that's about it
BTW, where is Nee York?
Indeed you got lucky, I was signing up on my mobile phone. Auto correct must have messed up the spelling for NEW YORK.

My friend talked me into it. I had to get rid of an 11 year old vehicle with 50K miles on it. This seemed like a great idea, I am going to keep an ICE car as a spare for where I need to go on a longer trip and not need to worry about losing a charge.
Hey everyone I just got my first electric ⚡️ car. 🚙 any sticky threads out there I should read to get familiar with the maintenance on these? I have a 2023 Model 3 Performance. Do you guys also have windows letting air in and the door letting cold air in underneath the door speakers? What are some of the common issues that you have experienced.
View attachment 1014603View attachment 1014604Just don’t expect to get the advertised miles out of charge

Congrats on the new Tesla. I'd recommend reading the manual thoroughly. We're on our third Tesla (used 2013 MS, leased 2020 MY, bought 2023 MY) and have had very few maintenance issues. In 8 years, we've been to a service center about 4 times, and one of those was to take delivery of a set of snow tires/wheels.
Our MY is our only car. Meets all our needs, including towing our utility trailer, sailboat, and small travel trailer.
Road trips are no problem, we're driven from WA state to New Mexico (twice), southwest Texas, Utah, and are headed to southern CA next week. Even back in 2017 no significant issues charging. Use the PlugShare app to find Level 2 stations (often free at hotels, etc.) and the nav system to plan Supercharger stops.
Enjoy! EV grin!

Congrats on the new ride! My 2021 M3P is pretty solid with no real issues. I have had mobile service a couple times to my place of business for a couple minor issues, moisture in a taillight assembly, redo of my spoiler, stupid stuff. I personally would have chosen a better parking spot, that one looks a little tight, I'm fearful of door dings.

I'm going to correct this and hopefully he didn't buy the car because he thought it doesn't need a lot of maintenance. The service centers all around the bay area are always packed, and I can't imagine they are busy as hell because the car doesn't need maintenance. I've found both my teslas unreliable because there's just too much technology in them, and something always goes wrong with them
I'm on my second model 3 since early 2020 and have had precisely 0 issues. No rattles, no broken parts, no maintenance. All I've had to do is fill the washer fluid and rotate my tires.

What do you mean by "too much technology?"

Reactions: DomDeWild
I'm on my second model 3 since early 2020 and have had precisely 0 issues. No rattles, no broken parts, no maintenance. All I've had to do is fill the washer fluid and rotate my tires.

What do you mean by "too much technology?"
I couldn't get in my car because the 12v battery died, car was 3 months old, my jump starter wasn't powerful enough to get the computer started up to start charging the hv battery, it rebooted from lack of power 10 times before I gave up, no way to turn off the air without the computer booting etc, so I couldn't trickle charge the battery without disconnecting it.
More things to go wrong in the car.

I am glad to hear that.
Congrats on the new Tesla. I'd recommend reading the manual thoroughly. We're on our third Tesla (used 2013 MS, leased 2020 MY, bought 2023 MY) and have had very few maintenance issues. In 8 years, we've been to a service center about 4 times, and one of those was to take delivery of a set of snow tires/wheels.
Our MY is our only car. Meets all our needs, including towing our utility trailer, sailboat, and small travel trailer.
Road trips are no problem, we're driven from WA state to New Mexico (twice), southwest Texas, Utah, and are headed to southern CA next week. Even back in 2017 no significant issues charging. Use the PlugShare app to find Level 2 stations (often free at hotels, etc.) and the nav system to plan Supercharger stops.
Enjoy! EV grin!