Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Just another Model S to Model S Pseudo Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Signature P85 in Signature Red (still the most beautiful, most perfect color ever for the Model S IMO).

However, I just couldn't say no to the deal on an inventory Red 90D.

For those of us who were early adopters and also new to EVs, the old MS was a wondrous experience. But, clearly Tesla was still in its infancy. So many things were absent and much of the experience unrefined. Anything from no geofencing to pano roof noise, to failed 12v batteries, to the total lack of ultrasonic sensors and so on.

Fast forward to the new 90D I grabbed yesterday. My how things have changed. When the face lift was revealed, and in conjunction with the Model X front end, I was instantly in love. Tesla found their personality.

The next gen seats are fantastic, the brake hold is far more noticeable, the silence is silent - and that was a big gripe before. The pano roof sounds complete - the previous one sounded like it was struggling to do anything. AP, tried it, not really there yet (mentally for me I mean) but my 10 year old thinks its the bomb. The better seals around the doors, this sills with "Model S" embedded, LTE, and more Im sure, but HEY, I'm not even 24 hours in yet.

Have to say, for the same car, it really is a totally different experience if that makes any sense.

Side note: It's almost surreal with the Dania SC staff. Many of those folks have become great acquaintances over the years. Several of the same folks are still there from when I got my first MS in 2012 and they just do everything they can. Leidys, Im gonna miss you! :( Good luck in your travels.

Time to have some enjoyment on the road. C ya around.