Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jan 2022 Model Y - Connected Two Wireless Controllers in Glove Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my (Jan) 2022 Model Y, I was able to (very easily) connect two Logitech F710 wireless controllers mainly for Beach Buggy. Configuration was simply plugging in the USB receiver that were included with the F710 controllers using a Sabrent USB 3.0 rotatable hub in the glove box. This hub has 3 ports and one is used with a Samsung SSD partitioned for sentry and music.

Previously, I used two Wired Xbox PowerA controllers but found it finicky and often needed tinkering (re-plug controllers, relaunch the game, and/or reboot screen). These two wired controllers were used with and without a hub in a 2019 Model 3 and had the same difficulty in connecting properly

Some additional info:
I tried two of those 4-1 usb hubs for the glove box, one that was flat and the other convex in shape, but both caused issues with SSD even before plugging in the game controllers. The current Sabrent and another USB 3.0 hub have worked great considering that both the two F710 USB receivers stay plugged in. My recommendation is a 3.0 usb hub preferably made from aluminum.

With the wired controllers, straightening the steering wheel was my first troubleshoot step... I’ve not experienced this with the wireless controllers but probably because of “habit”.

The F710 dongle/receiver do not need any programming or syncing or drivers. There is downloadable app for usb pairing. I tried, but was unsuccessful in pairing two controllers to one USB receiver.

I replaced AA batteries with lithium since the controllers are stored in the car.

There has been times where one of the controllers behaves erratically. Opening the glove box usually resolved so my guess was that it was related to the usb receivers interfering with each other. Just on one of the receivers, I used included usb wire extension and have not had issues since.

Reactions: ajstan