Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Model X P100D (AP2), SC has ordered the parts and I'm waiting on them to receive and schedule the appt. Not sure if there's still a chance that corporate will kick it back based on VIN, but so far, so good. It's about as old an MX as you can get and still be AP2.
Good luck! Seems like a lot of us are all in the same boat. It seems like now they aren't canceling based on VIN but more on availability of the parts!

Reactions: TechVP
  • Informative
Reactions: Ryshaw
Is there a place where all of these acronyms are explained? I have a MX 100D received early August 2018.
I'm wndering if I qualify for this upgrade. Nothing out of Tesla service here in Santa Barbara, yet.
Assuming it was manufactured around Aug 2018, then you have MCU2 and AP2.5. Assuming you own FSD on your car, then it should be eligible for the free HW3 computer upgrade. If it was an inventory model then it could have older versions.

I am dangerously close to officially giving up and going with a Model Y. I love my Model X and have no desire to give it up. My SC has consistently advised that my vehicle has not been flagged. (This could be related to Covid19 as HW3/MCU production may have been halted). I will try again in June for a July date.

I am dangerously close to officially giving up and going with a Model Y. I love my Model X and have no desire to give it up. My SC has consistently advised that my vehicle has not been flagged. (This could be related to Covid19 as HW3/MCU production may have been halted). I will try again in June for a July date.
I've been thinking of this, also. But I don't want to give up the instrument cluster! Hopefully we all will be able to get the upgrades before July.

I've been thinking of this, also. But I don't want to give up the instrument cluster! Hopefully we all will be able to get the upgrades before July.

Fingers crossed for July. I've been trying to anticipate what the July 1st FSD price increase will be.

I've been thinking about the Instrument cluster + MCU screen. Since Mode 3, Y and cybertruck all have the 1 screen, how would you feel if Tesla integrated the map with the driving visualization. We still have the two screens, but Tesla redesigns the software on older Model S & X to almost mimic the Model 3 screen. It would match the news that Tesla owners with FSD would at a future date be able to remove the steering wheel.

Fingers crossed for July. I've been trying to anticipate what the July 1st FSD price increase will be.

I've been thinking about the Instrument cluster + MCU screen. Since Mode 3, Y and cybertruck all have the 1 screen, how would you feel if Tesla integrated the map with the driving visualization. We still have the two screens, but Tesla redesigns the software on older Model S & X to almost mimic the Model 3 screen. It would match the news that Tesla owners with FSD would at a future date be able to remove the steering wheel.
Interesting idea! However it doesn't really make sense for them to redesign the S/X's screen to match the 3/Y/Cybertruck as it wouldn't make anything easier for them, just another thing to do. It's not like the 3/Y/Cybertruck central screen design can just easily be swapped over to an S/X screen.