Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISO cord and adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85D doesn't have a frunk under carpet storage and my tow hook was stored in the UMC bag.
I've moved it to a tool bag in the frunk for easy access.

I had a loaner P85+ yesterday and snapped this picture of the tow hook under the frunk carpet for those who may not be aware:

7-31-2015 8-52-08 AM.jpg

Well, it's certainly more obvious on the UMC bag. I actually ran in to one owner a while back who didn't even know he had a tow hook until I lifted up the carpet in his frunk and showed him.

Thanks for posting that. Before reading your post I had no idea such a device existed. So I went to the car, opened the frunk, lifted the carpet and there it was.

Next step was to read about it in the manual in the "Instructions for Transporters" section. (btw, the manual refers to it as a "towing eye"). Interesting that it only says it is located in the front trunk. Nothing about where in the front trunk. But thanks to your post I knew to lift the carpet.

Looks like one must remove the nose cone to access the port where the eye screws into. Not having removed that before I'm going to have the folks at the SC show me how to do that without damaging it.

Thanks again.