Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is now REALLY a good time to buy a new Tesla? [Jan 2023 / April 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the 4680 batteries have charge issues where you need to maintain them between 20 to 80% or can you keep it at 100% charged? I find the real world usable range on my MYLR is much less than advertised because only 60% of the charge(200 miles) is available to me normally for battery preservation efforts.
Only the LFP batteries can be charged to 100% nightly, however, Tesla recommends 90% daily charge is fine for the 4680 batteries.

Link: Tesla Model Y 4680 Battery Charging Instructions: 90% Still Applies - TeslaNorth.com

Do the 4680 batteries have charge issues where you need to maintain them between 20 to 80% or can you keep it at 100% charged? I find the real world usable range on my MYLR is much less than advertised because only 60% of the charge(200 miles) is available to me normally for battery preservation efforts.
4680 will be likely be the same as they are still using LI-NMC chemistry like the 2170 packs.

If your waiting for the next new thing with Tesla you will be waiting forever. As soon as the next new thing is released there will be something else on the horizon.

They just lowered prices again so seems like a good time to order. I'm not sure about the tax credit situation though.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I am looking to buy a Model Y Performance but I have heard about a possible refresh for the MY next year (Project Juniper). Will this be worth the wait or should I pull the trigger and buy one now?
That depends on what you want.

If you didn't mind HW3 then go ahead and get it.

Since HW4 has been on late January production of S/X, it's possible that 3/Y will get that next. It's only a question of how soon.

tax credit on the model Y will not be going away, you don't think another round of price cuts is coming this month? lots of inventory been building up at the tesla on-site locations
Model 3 inventory bursting at the seams. Looked yesterday almost 600 vehicle in inventory. 469 Model Y at time of this writing. Likely the reason for the recent price cut. Not sure it will be enough to clear all that inventory but we will see.

It was gone for Tesla till the current administration reinstated it. It can change again.
While possible, as anything could happen, it's highly unlikely. The current admin is pushing green technologies and the IRS is specifying the terms of the tax credits. With Democrats controlling the Senate and what bills can and can't be voted on, it's 99.99% certain the tax credits will remain, until AT LEAST 2024.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
I like the MYLR, but I wouldn’t say it’s a great deal for $63k. I would say MYP with color, taxes and fee < $58 would be a great deal.
Model 3 inventory bursting at the seams. Looked yesterday almost 600 vehicle in inventory. 469 Model Y at time of this writing. Likely the reason for the recent price cut. Not sure it will be enough to clear all that inventory but we will see.
model Y inventory is rapidly climbing, available inventory on the Y has more than tripled from mid march , im waiting for the next round of price cuts