Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

IRS weighs in on tax rebate, mostly bad news for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I'm glad I did not reject the Vin and took delivery with the $3750 credit. that is the most i would have qualified for if the MY Battery meets the requirements

I have to wonder if Tesla will soon bring the MY base price to under the $55K limit

Model Y (7) qualifies for $80K max, but Model Y (5) does not with a $55K limit. Mach-e has $55K max also. Nothing in this IRS post for GM.

So, does this mean all Model Y LR will be (7) in the future?

Model Y (7) qualifies for $80K max, but Model Y (5) does not with a $55K limit. Mach-e has $55K max also. Nothing in this IRS post for GM.

So, does this mean all Model Y LR will be (7) in the future?
No, it means if you buy a 5 seater at the current price it won’t qualify…

Looks like more orders for the 7 seater! When just using the front and middle rows, looks like the same legroom for the passengers, range is 326 instead of 330 miles, and net cost is +$3000 for the extra seats - $7500 rebate, thus net cost is $4500 less (slightly diminished by the increased sales tax and for the first year not having the rebate until next tax filing).

Buy a model Y, add the rear row seats, leave them folded down forever, and pay $4500 less! Is this a no brainer?

Looks like more orders for the 7 seater! When just using the front and middle rows, looks like the same legroom for the passengers, range is 326 instead of 330 miles, and net cost is +$3000 for the extra seats - $7500 rebate, thus net cost is $4500 less (slightly diminished by the increased sales tax and for the first year not having the rebate until next tax filing).

Buy a model Y, add the rear row seats, leave them folded down forever, and pay $4500 less! Is this a no brainer?
Seems so. Will be interesting to see how this impacts delivery time as 7 seaters previously seemed to take much longer.

Reactions: Daekwan

Lol. So ridiculous and a waste to force people to add the 3rd row. In what world does a car go from a sedan to SUV by just adding a tiny 3rd row.