Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IONITY chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Range is all about convenience. 300miles in my math is 250 when kept at 80% for spontaneity. That means 125mile each way trip if not going via motorways and having to dogleg to chargers rather than my possibly preferred route cross country. It also drops down to under 100mile return in winter...and in reality is even less if, like me, you get thratchy when it displays less than 30 miles remaining....

Some good responses here. Consider also that us early adopters more often have our own driveways. Just think how inconvenient it might be for someone without one if they have to charge every other day say vs once a week. They might not need that extra range for their trip in a day but not having to go out of their way to charge so often would I imagine be quite welcome. Will also save us having to put chargers down lots of streets also.

I get while batteries cost so much, extra range will be too expensive for most. The fact that the 150kWh battery from Nio costs as much as the car shows that's not going to be that popular initially but it'll improve. I guess what I'm saying is if Tesla can bump a Model 3 in the future to 100kWh, not impact the weight in any major way and also not really impact the price, we'd all say yes to that.

Will take time but I think it'll happen. Not sure if it will happen fast enough to save us from having to stick chargers in far too many locations.