Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investment survey with random owners we meet at SuperChargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I agree with the "this is a bad idea" sentiment, if you were to pursue this, perhaps putting printed surveys in envelopes under the wipers, with a reply envelope? This approach guarantees anonymity and avoids the risk of annoying people who don't want to talk to you.

In my opinion that is almost worse. We get our commuter lot papered now and then for other solicitations and you are not supposed to solicit in most of these locations where the superchargers are anyway. But I absolutely HATE the idea of someone touching my car... And while our car doesn't have this particular issue I get even more pissed at the sight of them stuffing them in people's door handles.

I talking you can lead into it and make it less intrusive... Hey I am a fellow owner you are a fellow owner something I do is also invest, have you thought about the stock of TSLA?

But I would also say anything on paper or a clipboard or whatever is also likely to be off putting. It goes from casual conversation to someone grilling you for information and you go from "friend" to "leave me alone" in 5 seconds. I would suggest if you want to collect the data get the information from them verbally and in direct conversation (not in a quiz format... Make it casual conversation) and then immediately after your "chat" go write down everything you talked about.

That is the standard way to surveal someone without them knowing about it and to get them to be more open. Just saying... If it works for spies, it will work for your purposes :D

This is a big no-no.

I understand the motivation but it would be very intrusive and impossible to be anonymous. You can't approach strangers at Superchargers and start asking them their net worth, occupation and investing intentions as well as their VIN. if that happened to me I'd call Tesla and the police on the spot.

You'd call the police? What's the crime? I agree it's rude and intrusive but a simple "no thank you, I won't be answering those questions" is all that's required. The police have better things to do than to be telling you that no crime has been committed and people have a right to approach others and ask questions.