Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing tripography.com - Track your Road Trips and Daily Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PureAmps,

Did you manage to implement the "road trip" mode? I'm taking a trip in mid august and would be interested in logging the driving and charging stats (and not savvy enough to do it on my home computer). Thanks for this interesting stuff!

BTW: it's very easy to log all the data from your car yourself without trusting your credentials to a third party. We have a javascript library and I just pushed some changes that allow you to feed the data stream into a database. You then can do all kinds of analysis on the data set. I already published a visualization tool that shows your driving (both replay of past data as well as life stream) on Google Maps...

What other visualizations are people interested in? I've seen the energy graphs that show consumption / regen breaking and charging. That should be quite easy to do...

BTW: it's very easy to log all the data from your car yourself without trusting your credentials to a third party. We have a javascript library and I just pushed some changes that allow you to feed the data stream into a database. You then can do all kinds of analysis on the data set. I already published a visualization tool that shows your driving (both replay of past data as well as life stream) on Google Maps...

What other visualizations are people interested in? I've seen the energy graphs that show consumption / regen breaking and charging. That should be quite easy to do...

link to this? I'd love to run it on my own server

PureAmps,

Did you manage to implement the "road trip" mode? I'm taking a trip in mid august and would be interested in logging the driving and charging stats (and not savvy enough to do it on my home computer). Thanks for this interesting stuff!

Unfortunately, I've been busy on other projects the past month. Road trip mode is still in development, and I haven't had time to test thoroughly (which requires me to take a few road trips myself). I expect to have more time in August to work on this. :)

As others have suggested there are options for logging the data if that is all you want to do. The point of tripography, of course, is to aggregate date across multiple vehicles, so that anyone can see how long it typically takes to drive between two cities, etc. So there is a little more complexity in implementing the road trip feature than just simply logging the data for what I'm trying to accomplish, which is why it is taking time to get rolled out.

Anything happening with this? How far back can you pull?

My friend has been using his parents car all winter while they are in Florida and it'd be nice to find out his daily driving. He needs his own car soon and I'm encouraging him not to go ice, but he doesn't believe his driving would work for sub 100 mile EV. He has no idea how far he drives, and with 50 amp charging the car is basically always full (daily, not range...)

Tesla is not in his budget. I suspect a 100 mile car would be plenty, particularly with ability to swap if he really needed to once in a while.

Be really great to pull the data from his parents Tesla and know his driving history.

Hi all,

Now that the excitement of the Tesla D announcement is over, I wanted to provide an update on this project.

I apologize for not giving more frequent updates, but life threw me a few curveballs late last year that required some focused attention. The project has been on the back burner for that and a few technical reasons, caused by the 5.0 software update. I had been hoping the release of the 6.0 software would address some of the technical issues and allow me to make some progress on the project. The 6.0 software release did address some of the issues, specifically improvements to the vehicle’s “sleep” mode. But at the same time Tesla has begun locking down remote access to vehicle data which will make it increasingly difficult to build and maintain the website going forward. For those reasons, I’ve decided to shutdown the website until Tesla allows official 3rd-party access to vehicle data.