Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior camera wanted to monitor break-ins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for an unobtrusive interior camera that would record front door being opened. My wallet was stolen from my unlocked vehicle. I think I know who did it but I would like to record them if they do it again (they charged over $1200 on two different credit cards).

I'm looking for an unobtrusive interior camera that would record front door being opened.

I noticed this product, but its is not yet available, delivery in only scheduled for May 2023.
But I don't see any continuous recording available.

Otherwise you can install a commecial dashcam, with an inside camera using infrared recording that Uber drivers often use.

You can use the ODBC2 plug to get constant 12V when the car is sleepping (you will need an ODBC2 adapter)​
If you have WiFi avalable, you can get alerts with real time video and also video recording from the cloud.​
See for example:​

The Tesla Dashcam provides remote inside access using the dog mode, but don't think there is any inside recording, even in case of an event.

My wallet was stolen from my unlocked vehicle. I think I know who did it but I would like to record them if they do it again (they charged over $1200 on two different credit cards).

Make a police report, you can do that on-line to your local branch.

Unauthorised purchases using your credit cards are protected and can be cancelled, also maybe the merchand has a security camera.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: buckets0fun