Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had a chance to get an S now vs end of July, would you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let meme start by saying I can't wait to get my S so it's not about not wanting it badly. My otherwise easy answer is complicated by a few concerns particular to right now. One, they've been so focused on 200k and 5k numbers that they may have taken many more risks than usual with quality. They may have in fact built the one they're discussing now as an alternative weeks ago and been holding it until the new quarter. And that, plus any changes they may introduce in July would be things I'd miss if I don't hold for the original. I know that's how it goes with Tesla to a degree, but the spread could be much larger than normal. I just find it interesting this option pops up today, July 1.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

The 5k numbers were for the 3 and since you are getting a S they are on a diff line ..since S volume isn’t as high I wouldn’t be concerned on quality ...I would stick the course and wait for your original one ..or if something like an inventory comes along with a great discount >$10k :eek:

Hi BurntOC,

Tesla are going to be and have been busy producing 5k+ model 3's and >2k model S and X so I don't think there would be any more rush in production than has been already going on. In anycase if there are any issues the service centres will do their best to fix any issues and make you happy. Tesla claim to make 20 minor changes a week on the car so it's always getting better. I don't believe they have the time to focus on any new major developments on the s & x as they are too busy with 3, semi, roadster, pickup and Y!

If it was me I would try to lock in today's prices by ordering and delay pickup if required. If any upgrades are made Tesla will notify and generally will be free.

Let me know if you need a referral code for your order for unlimited free supercharging!

It doesn't seem like anything new is on the horizon, unlike last year they introduced the uncorked 75D's and new drive units.

True, but I think they've repeatedly announced things weeks or months after the fact over the years. Not likely but I could see a September announcement that all cars since July have some change of consequence. My original order is in production now so I'm committed !