Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I95 Express toll exemption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to get the appropriate SunPass stickers to exempt me from the I95 Express tolls.

The process seems complicated. After a while of researching, I determined I must first complete a form and take it to a DMV to get my HOV DECAL. Once that's completed, I am supposed to go online to http://www.i95express.com to get my I95 Express stickers.

Has anyone already done this process? Any shortcuts?

Thanks,
The Newest Tesla Owner,
Peter

Yes, very easy, have had stickers for over a month. First get the HOV pass by filling put form and dropping off at agency, then the I95 express pass online, just follow instructions on web site. HOV is quick, takes several weeks for I95 express lane sticker.

It's not that bad. Find a local Tag Agency store (I have one near me on Miami Gardens Drive, but they are all over the place) and you can instantly get the HOV sticker for $10. Once you have that, sign up for 95 Express online ($5) and you'll get the sticker within a couple of weeks. It's an awesome feeling driving in the toll lanes on 95 and never having to pay.

Yes. HOV sticker is on the spot at a tag agency. Then go directly online to get the I95 pass. I've gotten two now, and they were mailed within a week.

Also, you have to have your permanent plate before you can get either. I got two because Tesla wouldn't let me get a vanity plate so I got one for the generic FL plate, and then had to wait 5 months for the vanity plate and got the 2nd one to go with it.

The I95 express pass is horribly ugly. I've affixed it to a piece of static cling material and only put it on the window when I'm going in I95.

Don't forget to remove your Sunpass when you're going into the Express Lanes.

I wonder whether there are any trans-border reciprocities for travelers who take their vehicles outside the state of their cars' license plates? I'll bet not, other than, perhaps, the northeastern states' EZ-Pass system.

It's not that bad. Find a local Tag Agency store (I have one near me on Miami Gardens Drive, but they are all over the place) and you can instantly get the HOV sticker for $10. Once you have that, sign up for 95 Express online ($5) and you'll get the sticker within a couple of weeks. It's an awesome feeling driving in the toll lanes on 95 and never having to pay.
If my car hasn't arrived yet, and I have my vin and I am transferring plates, can I get the sticker ahead of time or do I have to wait for the license plate transfer when I pick up the car?

I am trying to get the appropriate SunPass stickers to exempt me from the I95 Express tolls.

The process seems complicated. After a while of researching, I determined I must first complete a form and take it to a DMV to get my HOV DECAL. Once that's completed, I am supposed to go online to http://www.i95express.com to get my I95 Express stickers.

Has anyone already done this process? Any shortcuts?

Thanks,
The Newest Tesla Owner,
Peter

Here is the direct link to register for the i95 Express.

http://www.1800234ride.com/95expresshybridregistration

In one of the threads, it mentions that you should remove your sunpass if using the express lanes. Is this true? I was hoping that the system would recognize that new decal or cancel each other out. It doesn't seem logical since a lot of people have the sticker version.

yea, it's ridiculous, they expect you to put up and take down the sunpass while your driving....

In one of the threads, it mentions that you should remove your sunpass if using the express lanes. Is this true? I was hoping that the system would recognize that new decal or cancel each other out. It doesn't seem logical since a lot of people have the sticker version.

I was told the system will reverse the charge on the Sunpass if you are properly registered. However they told me that if not, you can call once a month and then they will remove any charges that were on your account. Simple

I still haven't tested this, but I would bet a decent sum of money that you *must* call every month to reverse them all. I don't use it enough (yet) to really have much of an opportunity to test it.