Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want the model 3 washer nozzles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I want those model 3 windshield washer nozzles on my model S. (In fact I'd settle for a whole model 3, but if I can get pieces at a time.. I'd start with this).

I see model 3 nozzles mount on the wiper arm... There's a really good chance they would fit on a different wiper arm.. Like model S.

Anybody tried some aftermarket / generic nozzle setup of what we're seeing on model 3 to fit on their model S.

Thank you very much.

Isn't that Mercedes system the same as what is on the X? I know the X has the washer fluid openings in the blades themselves.

So this raises an intereresting question for me. Can the S wiper system be upgraded to the X system or some other with the water jets in the blades. I’ll be looking into that.

First finding: The Model S and Model X wiper blades are the same size: 28” driver side, 17” or 18” passenger side. So the now the question is can the X system be retrofitted to the S?

Last edited:
Reactions: David.85D
the model 3 is way ahead of the model s tech wise in all realms...and for 1/2 or more the price....go figure.

I was under the impression the AP hardware was very similar to AP 2.5. M3 doesn't have power lift gate or SAS or auto present handles. It has a smaller screen and no screen behind the steering wheel. It lacks an AM tuner.

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't seem way ahead in all realms. For sure they've added some things based on feedback like door pockets, lighted vanity mirror and coat hooks that I'm sure will make their way into the MS.

Am I way off?

the model 3 is way ahead of the model s tech wise in all realms...and for 1/2 or more the price....go figure.

Yes, after watching the video it sure makes you wonder when the S will catch up and I thought that wasn't suppose to happen. I'm not complaining though -- since this a pleasant surprise -- but it's seem to me that it's going to make S sales more difficult especially when we start to see the D/P/L versions of the 3.

M3 doesn't have power lift gate or SAS or auto present handles. It has a smaller screen and no screen behind the steering wheel. It lacks an AM tuner.

The power lift gate is good -- and I use it daily -- but the 3 is a smaller zippier car, not a Sedan, so I don't see that as much of a loss. I'll throw my stuff in the back seat.

What's SAS?

Autopresent door handles are a novelty and more hassle then they're worth. I'm always pressing the stock to get them to present for passengers, or pressing on the key because they're too slow when it's pouring rain.

Smaller screen and no dash screen -- yes, I'd rather have the S's screens but I need to give the 3 a chance -- perhaps it's no big deal -- the jury's still out with me.

No AM tuner is no big deal since the very few times I want to listen to AM radio stations you can get them on the TuneIn app.

Last edited:
So this raises an intereresting question for me. Can the S wiper system be upgraded to the X system or some other with the water jets in the blades. I’ll be looking into that.

First finding: The Model S and Model X wiper blades are the same size: 28” driver side, 17” or 18” passenger side. So the now the question is can the X system be retrofitted to the S?
Sounds like the challenge has been accepted? :p

I was under the impression the AP hardware was very similar to AP 2.5. M3 doesn't have power lift gate or SAS or auto present handles. It has a smaller screen and no screen behind the steering wheel. It lacks an AM tuner.

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't seem way ahead in all realms. For sure they've added some things based on feedback like door pockets, lighted vanity mirror and coat hooks that I'm sure will make their way into the MS.

Am I way off?
well. liftgate? ok diff design but not worth 2x the price....door handles is no biggie..in fast the s door handles are more prone to breaking down then the 3 door handles from the mechanics of them from what i can see. smaller screen? like by an inch or 2 max..so what? Its better resolution and faster. No screen above the dash??? so what..it has very little info anyhow and that pic of the road and you can put a clock there or some other graphics...the m3 one screen idea IS the future.
Washer nozzles on the blade instead of the car is not new news and makes sence-its the future as well...

My point is the s at 2+x the price is way overpriced for same or less tech then the 3.

Sounds like the challenge has been accepted? :p
doubtful. teslas mindset isnt to upgrade your car to the latest hardware wise..its to change it a few times a year and leave you with the old hardware if you already bought one.
Or of they will offer a retrofit upgrade its way overpriced. I would like the new bench seat bottom in the back of my s but they wont upgrade it for me and if it was possible to upgrade it would likely be like 5-10k...obviously not worth it.
Tesla has left a sour taste in my mouth i admit and i dont drink the kioolaid. I like the car to a point but when i see the 3 with better tech and hardware i scratch my head as to what makes the s 2+x the price of the 3 for the lowest model s. liftgate/doorhandles/slightly smaller screen just dont justify the $$ difference.

What's SAS?
220px-Special_Air_Service_in_North_Africa_E_21337.jpg

well. liftgate? ok diff design but not worth 2x the price....door handles is no biggie..in fast the s door handles are more prone to breaking down then the 3 door handles from the mechanics of them from what i can see. smaller screen? like by an inch or 2 max..so what? Its better resolution and faster. No screen above the dash??? so what..it has very little info anyhow and that pic of the road and you can put a clock there or some other graphics...the m3 one screen idea IS the future.
Washer nozzles on the blade instead of the car is not new news and makes sence-its the future as well...

My point is the s at 2+x the price is way overpriced for same or less tech then the 3.

I was more taking issue with "the model 3 is way ahead of the model s tech wise in all realms". The M3 seems to have most of the necessary bits and is as-good or better in some areas. But it isn't way ahead, and in particular I think things like SAS, Power lift gate, 2nd screen, etc fall under the category of "tech".

To be clear, I agree completely that the price/performance payoff for the M3 is higher than MS, just not that it is way ahead in all realms.

doubtful. teslas mindset isnt to upgrade your car to the latest hardware wise..its to change it a few times a year and leave you with the old hardware if you already bought one.
Or of they will offer a retrofit upgrade its way overpriced. I would like the new bench seat bottom in the back of my s but they wont upgrade it for me and if it was possible to upgrade it would likely be like 5-10k...obviously not worth it.
Tesla has left a sour taste in my mouth i admit and i dont drink the kioolaid. I like the car to a point but when i see the 3 with better tech and hardware i scratch my head as to what makes the s 2+x the price of the 3 for the lowest model s. liftgate/doorhandles/slightly smaller screen just dont justify the $$ difference.

That may be Tesla's mindset but it isn't mine. When Tesla says it can't be done or they refuse to do it, I consider that a challenge. E.g. they said the facelift upgrade could not be done with Tesla parts but I did it with the help of a local shop. They also said the new rear camera wouldn't work on older cars - but that proved incorrect. Don't know what they'll say about the X wiper system on the S, but just knowing that it might be possible makes me want to try.