Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-Pace vs P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the I-Pace event in San Mateo and have a question. Ok, I’m not chasing Performance edition or even AWD, but if you are, why I-Pace is not a viable option at almost similar price point?
Normal car with likely a better assembly quality, with bunch of options to customize, with a bunch of color options for just $600 plus ;). Even something like air suspension is an option.

Simple. Take the I-Pace (or any EV besides Tesla) on a road trip or even a bit further than its range. The answer is quite apparent
Please, please, don’t bring the supercharging network to this. I’m driving in the car every day, yet I’m charging on a public charger maybe once per year. And I’m not an exception... :)

By the way, try to charge your M3 on a free fast charger provided by my company ;)

Im back to my question?
We leave East coast headed to LA, wonder who gets there first and free?
A Bolt took 16 days to go 2000. Get my drift.
Until a network of HIGH voltage chargers are installed all over the USA, theses are still city cars. Wonder how much the high volage chargers wiil cost?

Reactions: Jeff Hudson
i-pace just doesn't stack up with the Model 3P.

Comparable interior dimensions (why people compare the i-Pace to the much larger Model X is a mystery) and 3P wins in basically every category that matters.

From recent Motor Trend article:

Price: iPace $88,595 3P $78,700 (as tested)
0-60: iPace 4.0 3P 3.3
Track course iPace 87.0 sec 3P 83.9 sec
Range: iPace 234 miles 3P 310 miles
Weight: iPace 4946 lb 3P 4078 lb
Efficiency: iPace 76 MPGe 3P 116 MPGe (combined)

War of the Worlds: Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Performance vs Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE vs Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - Motor Trend

3P just crushes it, even before factoring in tech (AP, touchscreen) and superior charging network.

Model 3 AWD is probably a better comparison to the i-Pace as far as performance goes. But the 3 AWD is far more efficient, has far more range, the Supercharger network and costs $30,000 less ($15,000 less than the base i-Pace S, which starts at $69,500). Jaguar is going to struggle, and it will be worse after the Model Y comes out.

Last edited:
Im back to my question?
We leave East coast headed to LA, wonder who gets there first and free?
A Bolt took 16 days to go 2000. Get my drift.
Until a network of HIGH voltage chargers are installed all over the USA, theses are still city cars. Wonder how much the high volage chargers wiil cost?
I will and it will take me about 6-7 hours. :) Because I will take a plane and rent Tesla at destination

i-pace just doesn't stack up with the Model 3P.

Comparable interior dimensions (why people compare the i-Pace to the much larger Model X is a mystery) and 3P wins in basically every category that matters.

From recent Motor Trend article:

Price: iPace $88,595 3P $78,700 (as tested)
0-60: iPace 4.0 3P 3.3
Track course iPace 87.0 sec 3P 83.9
Range: iPace 234 3P 310
Weight: iPace 4946 lb 3P 4078 lb
Efficiency: iPace 76 MPGe 3P 116 MPGe (combined)

War of the Worlds: Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Performance vs Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE vs Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - Motor Trend

3P just crushes it, even before factoring in tech (AP, touchscreen) and superior charging network.

Model 3 AWD is probably a better comparison to the i-Pace as far as performance goes. But the 3 AWD is far more efficient, has far more range, the Supercharger network and costs $30,000 less ($15,000 less than the base i-Pace S, which starts at $69,500). Jaguar is going to struggle, and it will be worse after the Model Y comes out.
I’ve been in both cars and whitenessinng a lot of fallouts of delivery hell. I’m not sure Jag will struggle....

I-Pace is a fine luxury electric car. If it fits someone's taste and preferences more than a M3, they should get it.

Agreed. It is faster than a Model S and a Model 3.*

Is cheaper than a Model 3, more efficient than a Model 3 and can store more than a Model S.*

IPace also charges faster and can seat 7 just like a Model X. It can tow a 787 and has access to a nationwide charging network.*

* none of the above is true. Why would one throw money at this??

Agreed. It is faster than a Model S and a Model 3.*

Is cheaper than a Model 3, more efficient than a Model 3 and can store more than a Model S.*

IPace also charges faster and can seat 7 just like a Model X. It can tow a 787 and has access to a nationwide charging network.*

* none of the above is true. Why would one throw money at this??
And it a car, not a computer on wheels... sad ;)

Just got off the I-Pace event in San Mateo and have a question. Ok, I’m not chasing Performance edition or even AWD, but if you are, why I-Pace is not a viable option at almost similar price point?
Normal car with likely a better assembly quality, with bunch of options to customize, with a bunch of color options for just $600 plus ;). Even something like air suspension is an option.
If you think you would like the I-Pace, go ahead and get it.

The major limitation you will run into is the same one we have with our Chevy Bolt: it is good for regional driving (up to about 100 miles from home) but it really isn't a very practical car for trips of any length: there are too few chargers, the chargers are poorly placed for distance driving, and the chargers aren't real fast.

If you can live with that, you will very likely love your I-Pace, just like we love our Bolt.

(The electric car driving experience is so much better than the ICE driving experience, it is hard not to love driving one.)