Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just watched the video with jay lenno running 9.2 and the tesla professional driver running 9.23 at 152.16 whats interesting is the 1/8 mile trap speed was 121mph @ 5.99 ...so i dont believe its just due to traction to get 121mph rather more power. I saw a laptop next to the driver and some engineers in the car so its possible for a power boost . Jay lenno running the car full weight and he is not small to run 9.2 requires more power. Your thoughts?
I would be just guessing on it. They could be tuning the traction control system, or modifying the power level itself. During a drag race there's a lot of variables like wheel speed for example. You never want a tire to have 100% traction (called a dead hook) because the jerking will slow you down and usually breaks stuff. You always want a little bit of wheel speed (spinning) but not too much. What that specific limit is on a tesla is, I have no clue. Then you have to adapt that variable to the surface you're on and how your tires are reacting.

There's a ton of things they could be doing with unrestricted access to the computer, but it's just impossible to know for certain.

Reactions: WeaponX