Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hate the JVC KD-NX5000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have the last officially released navigation and firmware update DVDs for the unit (from 2011). It did actually fix the Bluetooth streaming issue. Although I still think the JVC is mediocre, there aren't many other options for single DIN that are much better.

Agreed, if you're looking for an upgrade I'd go to double DIN. Single DIN units limit your screen space and generally have crappy controls. The Alpine INE-920 and 927 are both decent, but pricey for the full dash upgrade and install.

There's a clock on the touchscreen. Who cares about the JVC? I only use it for the backup camera feature (aftermarket camera of course).

(Are you sure there isn't a time zone setting in there somewhere?)

@Doug_G, I searched the Roadster forums for "backup camera" but only found posts about the camera showing through the later Alpine head unit. Is there a way to add an aftermarket backup camera to a 1.5 and have the image display on the stock JVC unit, or am I not understanding how the image is displayed? Thanks.

@Doug_G, I searched the Roadster forums for "backup camera" but only found posts about the camera showing through the later Alpine head unit. Is there a way to add an aftermarket backup camera to a 1.5 and have the image display on the stock JVC unit, or am I not understanding how the image is displayed? Thanks.
There were two "stock" JVC units. Both are single-DIN, but one has a full color screen with navigation. You can add a camera to that model; the KD-NX5000.